Question re Changing Status on B2B and BOGO Dining

We will be reaching D+ on the first leg of a B2B in the fall.  I know that I need to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on the first leg to make arrangements to be recognized as D+ on the second leg.  I have a question and need advice on specialty dining reservations for the second leg.  I’d like to make reservations for Night 2, because it’s our anniversary.  Should I wait to make reservations until we’re officially D+ and risk not being able to get a reservation or make the reservation on-line pre-cruise and try to get a refund later?

12 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

We will be reaching D+ on the first leg of a B2B in the fall.  I know that I need to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on the first leg to make arrangements to be recognized as D+ on the second leg.  I have a question and need advice on specialty dining reservations for the second leg.  I’d like to make reservations for Night 2, because it’s our anniversary.  Should I wait to make reservations until we’re officially D+ and risk not being able to get a reservation or make the reservation on-line pre-cruise and try to get a refund later?

When we are on a B2B, we always go to the specialty restaurant we want to dine at on our second leg on the last day of the first leg and make our reservations for the next week. They won't charge you anything until you actually dine there, so if the LA does what they need to do on the first leg, you should have the BOGO loaded on your seapass cards to use for the second week.

Edited by orville99

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

When we are on a B2B, we always go to the specialty restaurant we want to dine at on our second leg on the last day and make our reservations for the next week. They won't charge you anything until you actually dine there, so if the LA does what they need to do on the first leg, you should have the BOGO loaded on your seapass cards to use for the second week.

Great idea!  Thanks!