Mini-bus with driver recommendations for large group

Traveling with my dad and his siblings (14 pax) - looking for recommendations for private mini-bus hires (with drivers) for when we're in various ports while traveling on Norwegian Star...

- Amsterdam - Giethoorn, Zaanse Schans?

- Brussels (Zeebrugge)

We don't need luxury transportation, but I think it just might be easier to have our own transportation to visit sites. I'm just getting started so I don't know exactly where we'll go yet for all the ports, so any advice is welcome. 

Edited by sunfan03

2 hours ago, sunfan03 said:

- Brussels (Zeebrugge)

Unless you have a particular reason, IMHO Brussels isn't worth visiting - it's a 90 minute drive and a commercial city, European Union  offices etc. And you'd need the van to wait while you visit Brussels to take you back

From Zeebrugge most folk head the 10 miles to Bruges (also spelt Brugge), an attractive & historic cobbled city, and an important port centuries ago before ships got bigger and  the river silted up.

Pre-book a couple of 8-seater taxis to take you from the port to the Grotrrmarkt in the centre of Bruges, and to take you back at a time that you fix with the driver.

Alternatively 16 miles / 40 minutes down the coast to Ostend (also spelt Oostende), a pleasant resort town & ferry-port. And for those interested, a couple of miles further on the dunes at Raversjide a defensive position of Germany's "Atlantic Wall" from both WW1 & WW2  with original guns and other equipment. You could split your group to give those interested the chance to visit the Atlantic Wall while the rest spend their day in Ostende.

Again, 8-seater taxis - or the coastal tram (Kusttram)

https://www.delijn.be/nl/lijnen/5501/?richtingCode=1

https://www.raversyde.be/nl/atlantikwall-raversyde/atlantikwall

JB 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 2:26 AM, John Bull said:

Pre-book a couple of 8-seater taxis to take you from the port to the Grotrrmarkt in the centre of Bruges, and to take you back at a time that you fix with the driver.

JB 🙂

Pardon my naïveté, what's the best way to pre-book 8 seater taxis? 

@sunfan03

Have you thought of a private tour in each port that you are interested in?  Generally they can accomodate 6-8 people in their vehicle. 

It's just a thought - in the past I have arranged for private tours with our roll call and we capped it at 8.  Often you can tailor the tour to exactly what you want to see.

16 hours ago, Tyskie said:

@sunfan03

Have you thought of a private tour in each port that you are interested in?  Generally they can accomodate 6-8 people in their vehicle. 

It's just a thought - in the past I have arranged for private tours with our roll call and we capped it at 8.  Often you can tailor the tour to exactly what you want to see.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking of trying to arrange. Except that we'll probably need two minivans or one mini-bus. If you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them. We'll be in Bruges, Le Havre, Le Verdon, Bilbao and Lisbon (disembark). Thanks!

7 hours ago, sunfan03 said:

We'll be in Bruges, Le Havre, Le Verdon, Bilbao and Lisbon (disembark). Thanks!

I’ll look at some notes - that’s the trip that never happened (2020)

I wouldn’t be able to recommend - but I might be able to tell you what we had planned.

• Like 1