Embarkation question from 1st time cruiser

Mosterloh

Hi,

First time cruiser and have a question re: embarkation. We completed our online checking for NCL Encore and chose an early boarding group -- 9:30 AM, because we thought it might be helpful to get aboard early and make reservations for a show and laser tag which I did not think you could do ahead of time.  However we were able to make a show reservation so I don't think it's that important to get aboard early now.

1. Is there generally any advantage to be in an early board group?

2. What happens if we show up later than our boarding group window? I'm guessing it's not cool to book a time and then disregard, because what if everone did that; would probably cause bottlenecks.

If I can't get advice online I will call NCL and ask but thought I'd ask  here and see if anyone has advice. Thanks!

9:30 is your CHECK-IN time at the port, and is generally not checked when you arrive.  Your boarding position will be based on how many checked in at the port ahead of you.  You won't be boarding until 11 or later

17 minutes ago, Mosterloh said:

1. Is there generally any advantage to be in an early board group?

If you haven't made dining reservations for specialty dining you can possibly get the time you want in the restaurant you want.

18 minutes ago, Mosterloh said:

2. What happens if we show up later than our boarding group window? I'm guessing it's not cool to book a time and then disregard, because what if everone did that; would probably cause bottlenecks.

Doesn't much matter.

• Like 1

You will get on board in one of the earlier groups. This may give you a chance to get a drink and have lunch before it gets too crowded. It gets your vacation started as soon as possible. Be sure to pack what you may want for the day in your carry on (swimsuits etc.) since rooms will not be ready until later in the afternoon.

• Like 1

We are a 20 minute drive to our port, we like to check in early to get an early boarding number, we head to a MDR usually before noon, have a nice lunch, in the past cabins were ready as we were finishing up, drop off bags, get a drink, muster, quick unpack, sailaway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

You will get on board in one of the earlier groups. This may give you a chance to get a drink and have lunch before it gets too crowded. It gets your vacation started as soon as possible. Be sure to pack what you may want for the day in your carry on (swimsuits etc.) since rooms will not be ready until later in the afternoon.

Thanks, that does make sense.  We are attending a wedding in the downtown Seattle area the night before, so I'm not sure what I was thinking, planning to get to the pier early.  Probably better if we slept in, in retrospect. Oh well!  🙂