My Time Dining on Ovation of the Seas, max people at a table

I will be cruising in a group of 9 on Ovation of the Seas (Seattle to Alaska) in August. When I went to reserve MTD slots there was a max of 8 people who reservations could be made for. I have heard conflicting answers, is there a max of 8 at a table on the ship?  If yes, anyone know if the staff has the ability to squeeze in one extra so that a family of 9 can be together or do we really need to split up into 2 groups?

3 hours ago, jlederma said:

I have heard conflicting answers, is there a max of 8 at a table on the ship?

Silk (one of the MTD venues) has tables for more than 8 and I think so does Icon (the other MTD venue) - the app/planner likely limits it to 8, but on the ship you might be able to arrange for 9. Book it for 8 and then talk to the MTD host as soon as you board.

Here are some pictures I took from Silk (MTD) dining room on Ovation few weeks ago.  We have 5 people dining with us and most of the tables were setup for 4 or 2.  They were able to put 4 and 2 tables together for us.   With that said,  looking at these pictures largest table I see is for 8.  May be they can put toghether table for 8 and 2 or other configuration to accomodate your party of 9.

OV23-1626.jpg

OV23-1627.jpg

OV23-1628.jpg

OV23-1629.jpg

OV23-1630.jpg