HOW to pay deposit/tax-port fees on a Comped cruise?

Today I got a confirmation mail from Club Royale that I had gotten a confirmed reservation on a cruise I applied my annual Prime cruise for and it said that I need to pay portfees and taxes for $220 within 24 hours and I want to do that as soon as possible since I consider this cruise almost as a jackpot. It would cost me about $3000 otherwise. It's a 7 day cruise out of Southampton in August on the Anthem.

But my question is HOW do I pay these $220? I tried to connect the cruise with the reservation number after loging in on Royals website but it doesn't show up. I try to connect the missing cruise again and it says its already connected..

I live in Sweden and can't call the American 800 numbers to Club Royale and in the email it didn't say anything about HOW to pay, just that I need to do it, and within 24 hours. I can't reply to the email either and I think sending an email to club Royale will take several days for them to answer. As they usually do..

How do other people pay their portfees and taxes without calling Club Royale, or is it not possible to do online?

Call club royale they will take the payment over the phone. 

I think only club royale can handle the payment. The booking number won't get activated until after payment is taken. 

Paid for ours when we did the booking with Club Royale.  If you have a balance you might be able to do it online.  Log on and scroll down to this cruise.  If it shows a link to Pay Remaining Balance you can.  If the link is grayed out it will show fully paid. If you booked through a TA (and Club Royale might be treated as a TA), the link won't appear.  

11 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Paid for ours when we did the booking with Club Royale.  If you have a balance you might be able to do it online.  Log on and scroll down to this cruise.  If it shows a link to Pay Remaining Balance you can.  If the link is grayed out it will show fully paid. If you booked through a TA (and Club Royale might be treated as a TA), the link won't appear.  

I cant see it online, even if I tried to add it 😞

I am replying to my own thread here incase someone else from Europe (outside of UK) needs to know how to pay for a comped cruise.

It wasn't easy, I called the UK number for Club Royale but I suspect that I got to the normal RCL cruise booking department since the guy said he couldn't help me at all since it was a US booking. I made the request on the Club Royle page. I suppose that makes it a US booking?

I rang again and choose option to press 1 this time instead of 2 (existing cruise or something like that instead of new cruise) and in hope of talking to some other person. Bingo, I talked to a nice girl that also said she couldn't take my payment but she did help me so that the cruise showed up under my cruises when logged in to Royals page. She said I could pay the $220 portfees and taxes there.

15 mins later I see that the option to pay online is grayed out.. Called the Club Royale number in the US and got in a 45 min wait where I heard about Oasis and the aquashow atleast 10 times.. I am curious about what my phone bill will be with this call from Sweden 😂 She was very nice and helped me taking my payment in less than 3 mins.

So now I am finally looking forward to taking a almost sold out >$3000 cruise for free (well, except for the taxes, tips and fees) 🙂

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

I am replying to my own thread here incase someone else from Europe (outside of UK) needs to know how to pay for a comped cruise.

It wasn't easy, I called the UK number for Club Royale but I suspect that I got to the normal RCL cruise booking department since the guy said he couldn't help me at all since it was a US booking. I made the request on the Club Royle page. I suppose that makes it a US booking?

I rang again and choose option to press 1 this time instead of 2 (existing cruise or something like that instead of new cruise) and in hope of talking to some other person. Bingo, I talked to a nice girl that also said she couldn't take my payment but she did help me so that the cruise showed up under my cruises when logged in to Royals page. She said I could pay the $220 portfees and taxes there.

15 mins later I see that the option to pay online is grayed out.. Called the Club Royale number in the US and got in a 45 min wait where I heard about Oasis and the aquashow atleast 10 times.. I am curious about what my phone bill will be with this call from Sweden 😂 She was very nice and helped me taking my payment in less than 3 mins.

So now I am finally looking forward to taking a almost sold out >$3000 cruise for free (well, except for the taxes, tips and fees) 🙂

Glad it finally worked out for you. 

• Like 1

As I suspected only club royale USA can take the payment. It's very annoying when the hold times are so long.

I'm in UK and use a free phone access number to call USA so it's not so bad. But they don't make things easy for you do they!

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

As I suspected only club royale USA can take the payment. It's very annoying when the hold times are so long.

I'm in UK and use a free phone access number to call USA so it's not so bad. But they don't make things easy for you do they!

No, I was a little stressed out because of the 48 hours timeslot to pay considering the different timezone we are in. When I got the email it had already gotten almost a day, that means I have a day to pay, which ruled out emailing them and asking. I have no problems speaking English on the phone but didn't know what number or who to call in the US since I can't call 800 numbers from my phone. But it worked out and now I am really looking forward to this cruise 🙂

• Like 1