Where is the Epic from Sept 8-Oct 2??

What is happening with the epic? There is a sailing leaving Trieste on august 28 with arrival in Marseille on sept 8th. Then no sailings until October 2nd. I don’t see this break on a dry dock schedule. I tried using chat and his answer was “I don’t know” lol

Any intel? We won’t book Aug 28th sailing if the epic is immediately going into dry dock. 

Thanks- Yea, I’m aware of the dry dock scheduled for 2025, but the ship is positively not open for bookings from sept 8- Oct 2nd.

I doubt she is sitting idol- but I can’t find any info on a charter. 

I called Reservations this morning and chat last night and both departments are clueless. 

Someone should know what is happening on the Epic during that time.

4 hours ago, Smiley Smith said:

I believe the ship has been chartered for the Rugby World cup matches for most of September.

You are quite correct:

https://www.ncl.com/travel-blog/2023-rugby-world-cup-cruise-see-the-matches-with-infinity-rugby

https://www.infinitysportstravel.com/companies/norwegian-cruise-line

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thanks!! I guess I didn’t search deep enough. Mahalo :). 

Opinions please- would anyone have an issue sailing before a charter? I know not to sail before a dry dock, but would a charter have any effects On inventory?

I have sailed before a charter, no problems. Sailed after a charter and depends on the charter. I would never sail after Holy Ship again. Long wait to embark, people were passed out, hiding, had to be taken off by ambulance. Crew were exhausted. Learned our lesson on that on.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Thanks 1

@BermudaBound2014- Thank you for posting as I was wondering the same thing.  I'm booked on the 10/16 cruise and was a bit worried.  This cleared any concerns I had. 

People are having trouble finding a hotel in Marseille before the cruise because of the Rugby World Cup.  I would recommend checking out flights and hotels before finalizing to make sure but that early cruise should be fine.

• Like 2