Pre-boarding safety video emails, please stop!

frayedend

I didn't realize until this thread that being on a cruise ship was just about as dangerous as being on a one-of-a-kind submersible that travels over two miles beneath the surface.  Why the heck didn't they have lifeboats and a muster drill (in-person of course)? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wow, 1/2 the time people are complaining that the cruise line DIDN'T inform them about something, and now here's someone complaining that it's too much! NCL can't win either way, LOL. I've never had multiple emails about the safety video, it's usually just been once. Sounds like an isolated incident.

20 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Wow, 1/2 the time people are complaining that the cruise line DIDN'T inform them about something, and now here's someone complaining that it's too much! NCL can't win either way, LOL. I've never had multiple emails about the safety video, it's usually just been once. Sounds like an isolated incident.

Not so isolated.  I too have received multiple emails.  

The question comes to this: how many times before these emails becomes too many times?

1 hour ago, WickedRed said:

I think there should be a quiz at port.  If you can correctly answer 5 questions you get a pass, but if you answer any wrong you have to sit through the drill.  Safety first.

There isn't enough useful information in the muster drill to generate five questions.  The only pertinent question is "Have you watched the video."  

• Haha 2

OK.  I guess I should have added a winky face or an LOL or laughing emoji to show I was completely kidding.  Silly me thinking such a suggestion could only be in jest.

But I'm in a mood today, so here's a quick 5.  Just for fun.

1) What's the sound for an emergency?

2) Where are life jackets stored?

3) Should you return to your cabin for your life jacket and valuables if you hear the alarm while away from your cabin?

4) Where do you find information on where your muster station is?

5) Does your life jacket come with a whistle?

😆🙃😉🤗

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Not so isolated.  I too have received multiple emails.  

The question comes to this: how many times before these emails becomes too many times?

I've never heard of this happening before. I suppose I'd answer your question by saying that if I see this particular issue every week, it would be too many times. But I don't recall seeing it happen before, ergo it seems isolated. It actually sounds like a technical issue. I've sent texts before that mysteriously show up twice so that may be the problem, not something NCL has direct control over. You seem to be suggesting a mistake on NCL's part when it might be something to do with the internet. But at least you can't claim you haven't been reminded about doing the safety drill! 😁

Last cruise was the in person drill, but prior to that I did receive the e-mail to watch the safety video numerous times after also watching it during online check-in.  In the week before the cruise, I probably got at least 4 e-mails to watch it as did many on our Roll Call.  That happened every time when they weren't doing the in person drill.

So, definitely not something new and we were only sailing the two of us.  It's slightly annoying, but basically I just let it run as I've already watched it when I checked in.

No worries, I'm just happy to be cruising.

3 hours ago, WickedRed said:

OK.  I guess I should have added a winky face or an LOL or laughing emoji to show I was completely kidding.  Silly me thinking such a suggestion could only be in jest.

But I'm in a mood today, so here's a quick 5.  Just for fun.

3) Should you return to your cabin for your life jacket and valuables if you hear the alarm while away from your cabin?

😆🙃😉🤗

6) WHAT is the name of your ship?

7) WHAT is your favorite color?

8) WHAT is the average ground speed of a fully laden lifeboat?

This could be fun.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, WickedRed said:

😆🙃😉🤗

Ok. I'll bite. It's been 4-months, let's see if I can still get a pass:

1) 1 long, 7 short

2) In your cabin

3) Yes, but no bags

4) Key card, or back of cabin door

5) Yes

Do I win, do I win?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

1) 1 long, 7 short

2) In your cabin

3) Yes, but no bags

5) Yes

Do I win, do I win?

You win your own personal copy of the muster video.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, RB9643 said:

1) 1 long, 7 short

2) In your cabin

3) Yes, but no bags

5) Yes

Do I win, do I win?

I recently endured the in-person muster, and I failed this test.  That proves that the in-person muster will never save my life.

2 hours ago, LloydJr said:

You actually played the video each time you received an email?

I know.  Really stupid.  Lol!  I just kept thinking there would be a box or something that I would have to click to say I watched.  After all the hoops we had to jump through to sail during the pandemic, I think I was paranoid worrying that I'd do something wrong and not be allowed to board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, goldmom said:

I know.  Really stupid.  Lol!  I just kept thinking there would be a box or something that I would have to click to say I watched.  After all the hoops we had to jump through to sail during the pandemic, I think I was paranoid worrying that I'd do something wrong and not be allowed to board.

That makes sense.  Covid brought a lot of crazy and we're still not all the way out of the woods.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 6:51 PM, goldmom said:

In the four cruises I took over the last two years, I've received the safety video at least five times for each cruise. I'll admit, on my first cruise, I watched it every time. On subsequent cruises, I just deleted the email without reading it....unlike my first cruise, I did pay attention to where my muster station was and how to get to it. I also watched the different safety video that played on the TV when we arrived in the stateroom. 

• Like 2