Two Years On ...

Megabear2

I'm currently in Torquay on business having spent a lovely day on a boat yesterday.  Chatting to the boatmen they reminded me It was almost two years to the day they took me on a trip to see the cruise ships at anchor.  Sure enough today Google sent me the attached.

How we've moved on from those sad days when the ships looked so forlorn.  What a joy to know they're all off on new adventures.

20210629_142358.jpg

20210629_133124.jpg

20210630_121628.jpg

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm currently in Torquay on business having spent a lovely day on a boat yesterday.  Chatting to the boatmen they reminded me It was almost two years to the day they took me on a trip to see the cruise ships at anchor.  Sure enough today Google sent me the attached.

How we've moved on from those sad days when the ships looked so forlorn.  What a joy to know they're all off on new adventures.

20210629_142358.jpg

20210629_133124.jpg

20210630_121628.jpg

2 years ago folk were moaning about not being able to cruise.....Now ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It was very sad to see the ships sitting empty, gradually rusting away. At the time, the future seemed quite uncertain 

All gone away now and the world is full of happy, smiley cruisers.🤣

• Haha 10

We were in Babbacombe nearly three years ago and remember looking out over the bay at the ships at anchor wondering whether we would ever get back to cruising or whether the cruise lines would eventually go into liquidation. Over the next couple of years we put cruising more to the back of our minds, then in June last year we dipped our toes back into the water with a river cruise then a cruise to Greenland and then the flood gates opened and we were back cruising and loving it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We were in Babbacombe nearly three years ago and remember looking out over the bay at the ships at anchor wondering whether we would ever get back to cruising or whether the cruise lines would eventually go into liquidation. Over the next couple of years we put cruising more to the back of our minds, then in June last year we dipped our toes back into the water with a river cruise then a cruise to Greenland and then the flood gates opened and we were back cruising and loving it. 

We jumped back on board as soon as we are able. We seriously missed cruises, holidays, weekends away and restaurants.  That evil little virus nicked 2 years of our leisure pursuits. We are up to 9 cruises since.  Watch out Graham and Pauline, Gail and John are on the march. After 2 years of purgatory I have a system for dealing with folks minor issues......fingers in ears....la, la, la.🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Could see Ventura from my bedroom window, when I should have been on her to the Caribbean! Grrrrrr!

We blagged a week in Weymouth..Grrr.

They weren't upside down.🤣

IMG_20210623_193315_3.jpg

• Like 2

Weymouth first day we were allowed to travel out of our immediate area ... I was the only car on the road from Blandford Forum into Weymouth to be treated to this sight.

I started a fortnightly visit to Weymouth, Bournemouth and Teignmouth just to check up they were still there!

20200518_125148.jpg

20200723_121609.jpg

20200528_113510.jpg

20200518_131147.jpg

20200518_120610.jpg

• Like 5