When can I book comedy club?

Jasonmom

Just did my online check-in at exactly 21 days out for my Joy sailing. 

I was then able to book Footloose and Elements. I actually booked 2 different showings of each so my wife can choose. 

Comedy shows were not available for booking so I'll be heading straight to the Social when I board to book those and then I'll walk across to Teppenyaki and iron out dining reservations. 

Getting excited! 

21 Days! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I actually booked 2 different showings of each so my wife can choose. 

and this, friends, is why it's often so hard to pre-book some things.  People book multiple showings and then only decide to go to one.  Other people get discouraged that they couldn't pre-book because it was 'sold out', don't show for the standby line and the theater ends up only 2/3 full because the multiple-bookers went to another show.

900 seat theater, 4,000 passengers, 4 showings of each show - there aren't even enough seats for every passenger to see each show if everyone only booked one showing, much less someone booking multiple...

Edited by hallux

7 minutes ago, hallux said:

and this, friends, is why it's often so hard to pre-book some things.  People book multiple showings and then only decide to go to one.  Other people get discouraged that they couldn't pre-book because it was 'sold out', don't show for the standby line and the theater ends up only 2/3 full because the multiple-bookers went to another show.

900 seat theater, 4,000 passengers, 4 showings of each show - there aren't even enough seats for every passenger to see each show if everyone only booked one showing, much less someone booking multiple...

Thanks for the input and jumping to conclusions. 

While I understand how you would come to that conclusion based upon my post, it proves why these forums lead people to constant bickering. 

I have no intention of keeping 2 reservations for each show. 

It was midnight when I did our online check-in and my wife was already asleep for hours. When she awakens this morning, I will discuss with her the days and times that I reserved and she will choose which "one" she wants to go to. I will then call and cancel the others. No harm. No foul. 

Thanks again for pointing out my indiscretion. As a fairly experienced cruiser, I was just trying to be helpful by stating my experience with reservations. I would never want to take away from a fellow passengers experience. 

You focused on 1 sentence and decided I was an irresponsible cruise passenger. 

I'm not! 

@bkrickles1 without detail it's easy to jump to the conclusion that I did as many will reserve multiple times for things and then decide once the times start coming up which one they want to take/do.  Some have even admitted here to booking multiple times (or multiple venues for a night) at specialty dining with the intent of only using one, but they're not sure which one they'll use as they don't yet know which they really want until the time comes.

11 minutes ago, hallux said:

@bkrickles1 without detail it's easy to jump to the conclusion that I did as many will reserve multiple times for things and then decide once the times start coming up which one they want to take/do.  Some have even admitted here to booking multiple times (or multiple venues for a night) at specialty dining with the intent of only using one, but they're not sure which one they'll use as they don't yet know which they really want until the time comes.

But why jump to that conclusion in a thread where the op is looking for specific information about comedy reservations?

As I said, you pulled one sentence from a helpful reply and set me up as a villain.

And then you defend yourself without even apologizing for your incorrect accusation or wishing me a nice time on my upcoming sailing. The pandemic really did a number on people's manners!

It's really getting harder and harder to help people on here without someone looking to point out faults in your comments.

Just saying.....

21 days until another great cruise!!