NCL Jade, show days and times and what not to miss!

mcmomny

We will be heading out soon on The Jade for Greece and wanted to hear recent comments about the ship, also looking for show times and things to not miss on the ship!

I have already prebooked 4 specialty dining options and the MDR's, we have all of our excursions booked!

What I don't know is what days and times are Elements and Blazing Boots on?

Looking for any and all suggestions anyone has on The Jade!

Thank you!

I am also on the Jade this month. During my research I found copies of these dailies from last year that someone helpfully posted. I am sure they will differ slightly and the ports are a bit different from mine, but gives a general idea. 🙂

• Like 3

We are the week before, on the 23rd

I am loving the planning- so much fun!

I see you're from western, NY. My husband is from Geneseo. We are near Schenectady. We are out your way often 🙂

Happy Sailing!

• Like 2

We were on the Jade last month. All the shows were great, lots of variety. Times depended on the port but generally 730 and between 9-930 for the second show. No comedians since it’s an international crowd and comedy tends to be different based on nationality (per our cruise director Victor) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, g683002 said:

We were on the Jade last month. All the shows were great, lots of variety. Times depended on the port but generally 730 and between 9-930 for the second show. No comedians since it’s an international crowd and comedy tends to be different based on nationality (per our cruise director Victor) 

Thank you for your info!  I appreciate it!

Can't wait for this to happen, have been planning this for 10 years now and booked 3 different times before and had to cancel for one reason or another but come heck or high water we are all set for this trip!

On 7/3/2023 at 4:09 PM, mcmomny said:

Thank you Sunny dreams!

Which sailing are you on?  We are on the 30th of July sailing and so excited!

We will also be on the 7/30 sailing!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 12:25 PM, mcmomny said:

We are really Canandaigua but no one knows where that is!

Can't wait to hear how your trip went!

Enjoy!

I was on the Jade sailing B2B this past Nov/Dec.  Athens-Cape Town. Shows were at 7 and 9.  Will be sailing the Jade again in August, Greek itinerary.  You should definitely enjoy it.  The crew was great!

By the way we were from Guilderland 🙂  Now in sunny and HOT Florida 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 12:25 PM, mcmomny said:

Enjoy!

I had to find a relevant thing to say, but first....Canandaigua peaches. Yum!! My grandma grew up in Newark/Palmyra, told me about them, and I've had them. They're so yummy. (I used to live in Greece, grew up in CNY, now back in CNY.) None of this upstate stuff, y'all!

Now...more on topic. This cruise was last year, so the dailies may be totally different, but comments regarding the ship and experience should still be spot on for you. I hope reading through this thread (if you haven't already) is helpful for you!

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone!

Yes I have read these "live" threads and many more!  Such great info!

My husband just said this morning how much fun the planning part is!

And yes Canandaigua Peaches are great but the best part of living in The Finger Lakes is the wine!!!!

• Haha 2

I will be sure to post a review of our trip!

We head to Athens on the 26th for a few days before the cruise and then we will have a layover in Madrid for a day and night on the way home! So our 7 day cruise turns into a 12 day trip!

We have only booked NCL excursions, we used to always book our own but this time we went with the ship options which all look great!

Time for a glass of New York wine!  It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mcmomny said:

Thanks everyone!

Yes I have read these "live" threads and many more!  Such great info!

My husband just said this morning how much fun the planning part is!

And yes Canandaigua Peaches are great but the best part of living in The Finger Lakes is the wine!!!!

My husband and son both went to college in the finger lakes region.  Loved going on the wine tours there.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 11:25 AM, mcmomny said:

Enjoy!

Hi from Tennessee ( originally a Long Island girl). We’ve been to Canandaigua several times. Lovely little town. We especially loved the wineries and the Rheinblich restaurant. And of course,the Riesling!

Edited by janice2348
  • Like 1