Amazing Zuiderdam information & pics

twinkletoes4445

Well, this settles it...we're going on this ship (and I may never get off). Today I found this site...and all I can say...is WOW! This is exactly the cabin class that I want. It's really fun seeing the pictures, and knowing what's just around the corner. Now, all I need to do is settle on a week, and give the bill to my hubby! He's such a wonderful guy...and we're going to have so much fun. :) Happy Birthday To Me!!!

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/zuiderdam.html

Twinkletoes,

We meet agian on another thread. Thanks for posting the pictures they are great.

I guess i had missed your saying you were considering the Zuiderdam. We have (until next september) only been on "S" and "R" class HAL ships.

There are a few differences. The S suites on the smaller ships (S and R) are bigger by about 50 sq feet (560 sq ft) and have a sink in the dressing room, single whirlpool tub, and more dresser drawer space, and larger verandas with wrought iron table and chairs.

The Vista class (Zuiderdam and her sisters) have an extra shower stall in the BR, double vanity sinks, and a full-sized whirlpool tub. slightly smaller living area and wicker furniture on the veranda. (no sink in the dressing area, and fewer drawers)

They also have the sea-view elevators at midships.

The service should be similar, and I don't remember if Vista ships have a kings and queens room. They were built with the Pinnacle grill in place.

It sounds like you've decided. Congratulations, go for it.

GN

Thanks for posting all the Z picture websites! DH and I are sailing on her in December and really appreciate seeing all those great photos. Can't wait! We loved the Zandaam and are anxious to return to HAL. In the meantime, we are taking shorter Carnival cruises because we live less than an hour from Jax and it's so convenient to sail from there. The Celebration is fun, but it's not HAL :D

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

Twinkletoes,

We meet agian on another thread. Thanks for posting the pictures they are great.

I guess i had missed your saying you were considering the Zuiderdam. We have (until next september) only been on "S" and "R" class HAL ships.

There are a few differences. The S suites on the smaller ships (S and R) are bigger by about 50 sq feet (560 sq ft) and have a sink in the dressing room, single whirlpool tub, and more dresser drawer space, and larger verandas with wrought iron table and chairs.

The Vista class (Zuiderdam and her sisters) have an extra shower stall in the BR, double vanity sinks, and a full-sized whirlpool tub. slightly smaller living area and wicker furniture on the veranda. (no sink in the dressing area, and fewer drawers)

They also have the sea-view elevators at midships.

The service should be similar, and I don't remember if Vista ships have a kings and queens room. They were built with the Pinnacle grill in place.

It sounds like you've decided. Congratulations, go for it.

GN

Thanks for all the info...which made our decision even easier. :)

We ended up booking a Feb. cruise!!! I am so excited. We're in an SA Deluxe Cabin...just down from the Neptune Lounge.

Here's a site with some really excellent Zuderdam pics for ya:

http://www.mortechcomputers.com/zuiderdam.html

And here's another:

http://www.maritimematters.com/zuiderdam6.html

Enjoy!

Thanks! I really appreciate you taking the time to post the pics. It's exciting seeing the ship and its features. Now...if next year would just hurry up and get here! :)

Your welcome...glad you enjoyed the pics.

Before booking the Zuiderdam for our (upcoming) Alaska cruise I'd heard so often of the "awful" and "garish" color scheme ...unbecoming of a HAL ship:rolleyes: ...that I searched high and low for some pics to see for myself.

What I found wasn't nearly as bad as I had been led to believe, and I promptly booked w/o hesitation (I guess therer's no accounting for taste?:D ).

Granted, the scheme certainly is somewhat of a departure from the traditional HAL ship ...but then again so is the Vista Class (an effort to attract the younger cruiser and families).

Enjoy your cruise.

Candy, I do not know how to thank you for all of the very valuable info that you have taken the time to post. We have always been Princess cruisers and have decided to give Holland a try this summer. Thanks so much for your help!

Linda

Archived