Has anyone done: Puerto Caldera, Sloth Sanctuary, Artisanal Craft Beer & Airport Transfer to SJO?

JM0115

Has anyone done this tour from Puerto Caldera port to SJO? Looking for what time it drops you off in the airport. Can I make a 2:30pm flight out of SJO. The descriptions says 3pm or later. Hoping to avoid staying in a hotel that day and flying out the next day.

I have never done that tour (although I love sloth sanctuaries) since it is fairly new.  I have done 10 Costa Rica cruises with Windstar and absolutely love them. Even with a 2:30 flight I have done ship tours and been fine. I have also gone directly to the airport and found the wait not too bad - especially if you like shopping for coffee. I have also booked a private tour from the ship to visit a few stops with a drop off at the airport. It is at least an hour from the ship to the airport. Ship tours usually get you to the airport 3 hours before your flight. We are going again this winter and will be staying overnight at the Costa Rica Marriott by the airport. I love the hotel and flights the next day were several hundred dollars less than the Saturday afternoon flight.

• Thanks 1

I love the Costa Rica Marriott too great hotel, simply perfect. We love Costa Rica too have done 2 WS cruises plus the Canal to

Puerto Caldera. We cruise with WS almost every Jan. On the Surf. From the N. East Jan. is grim. Happy Sailing

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hey there. We are going on the Windstar Panama Canal cruise in November, ending in Puerto Caldera. What is the earliest flight out of SJO we can make? Can we make an 11:30am flight? Thanks for your help!

You should be able to make it. From the ship to the airport is about an hour and at that time of day in that direction there should not be much traffic. You might want to arrange private transportation. If you get off the ship at 7:30 all should be well. Navigating the airport is fairly easy.