Edge class Porthole Veranda

gfkcruiser

Sailed on the Apex in a Sunset Veranda.  Now looking at a Beyond sailing and no SV available.  Anyone who has sailed in a porthole veranda on the Edge class, what did you think?   Would you do it again?  Did you think it was claustrophobic?   If you sailed in a forward location in one of these, what was your experience?  Bumpy, smooth or no difference.  We usually sail in mid or aft of ship.  At this time only forward available.  
Viewed spreadsheet and not a lot of postings for these cabins.  
Thanks for any info you have. 
Gail

We sailed this on the Apex.  We were in 7119.  At the time we booked the prices were significantly cheaper than an infinite veranda.

We loved it.  Did not find it claustrophobic.  Even though it was "obstructed" we had a REAL balcony. 

We had friends in an IV and we didn't like it.  Closing off the "doors" for privacy in the room if someone else was on the veranda was a pain.

Would book again in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

I sailed in one on Apex, second from the closest to the front of the ship.  A bit more feeling of waves than my midship cruise a couple months earlier, but might have been my imagination--didn't bother me at all.  Didn't feel dark or claustrophobic, I loved it!  I will say that any clothing items I wanted to dry out there did not dry as fast as they did with a regular verandah.  But go for it--it's a real verandah.  It's narrow, quite narrow, but since I was solo, I didn't mind.  Would do it again in a heartbeat just as Arubamoose says.

• Like 2

I was in 8111 just last month on the Edge. Highly recommend. Its classed as obstructed but it has to be one of the least obstructed DPVs (some have window washing equipment outside which is pretty bulky). 

I didn't find it claustrophobic at all. Sailing was smooth. Being far forward, I did hear/feel various loud clanks and vibrations when we were docking but I was well awake by then so I didnt care at all. Might bother someone who likes a lie in though. 

Loved it, in short, and would 100% book again.

• Like 1