Eden and Rooftop Grill

Cruiscs

For Eden  I recommend the lump crab cake or the  Carabinero shrimp.  We both agreed that the crab cake was the best we ever had.  The best entree was the Nova Scotia Lobster casserole,  The filet mignon/mini beef Wellington was very good.  For dessert, the Meyer lemon tart and chocolate pie  were excellent.  We went there more than once on our cruise.  The service was outstanding in Eden.

Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll share but only because you asked twice...😁

RGG we liked the food, it was all fine. Nothing I'd rave about but we do have it booked for a few future sailings. I enjoy the ambiance more than the meal. I love to be outside especially when on a ship. The MDR just meets the need for us, the experience isn't my jam.

My DH liked the steak but did not LOVE and he said his burger was super good. I thought the pork sliders were good and my seafood skewers were great. For dessert we both liked the S'mores Parfait. 

Eden we were not as blown as we expected to be. Yes we also have that booked again for future sailings... give it another try, maybe. The crab cake is raved about and I really didn't like it. I am an east coast girl and just want the simple old school crab cake without all the other added stuff. My husband said his filet was the best on the ship. As you can see there is a trend here. He is a MEAT MAN!

I lean towards seafood, the shrimp was delicious, wish I had thought to order multiple and enjoy that as my meal. Also the mushroom risotto was so flavorful, it also could have been a delicious meal! I had the lemon tart and it was very good. My DH had the chocolate option, forget all the official names but for me it was too dense/rich! 

Fine Cut is our favorite on the Edge class ships and I will not return to Le Voyage... 

Patty 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Can you elaborate on your favorites in Fine Cut and why you wouldn't return to Le Voyage?

Sure... For us Le Voyage was a one and done. We didn't like the ambiance at all. My DH liked his steak but I was not happy with the Lobster dish, risotto wasn't creamy, kinda raw'ish. The bread was good, the rest was just okay. A lot of fuss with no real wow. I will admit ... I was shocked and I would 100% order the Raspberry Pavlova again. It was vegan and amazing! My DH had the chocolate cherry thingy, would never recommend that and it's very popular so as they say tastes are very subjective! 

Fine cut is exactly what we expect of a typical steakhouse and that is what we really like. Just fits our dining style. The steak sauces were all good. I had lobster and filet both delish! The sides were very nice and the salads were huge. The brownie sundae and cheesecake were both very very good! We feel like we are very simple eaters and sometimes the over the top presentations don't match the flavors we're expecting. We aren't real fans of the eclectic rage, sometimes it's a mix that doesn't work imo. 

Both of the venues are loud, didn't bother us at all in Fine Cut, we actually requested a seat over looking the martini bar. BUT in Le Voyage, every time the doors open it was weird to hear the burst of noise, I think they need to add a violinist in there to create a nicer vibe. 

We like to try all the options, 

Patty 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cw2go said:

Sure... For us Le Voyage was a one and done. We didn't like the ambiance at all. My DH liked his steak but I was not happy with the Lobster dish, risotto wasn't creamy, kinda raw'ish. The bread was good, the rest was just okay. A lot of fuss with no real wow. I will admit ... I was shocked and I would 100% order the Raspberry Pavlova again. It was vegan and amazing! My DH had the chocolate cherry thingy, would never recommend that and it's very popular so as they say tastes are very subjective! 

Fine cut is exactly what we expect of a typical steakhouse and that is what we really like. Just fits our dining style. The steak sauces were all good. I had lobster and filet both delish! The sides were very nice and the salads were huge. The brownie sundae and cheesecake were both very very good! We feel like we are very simple eaters and sometimes the over the top presentations don't match the flavors we're expecting. We aren't real fans of the eclectic rage, sometimes it's a mix that doesn't work imo. 

Both of the venues are loud, didn't bother us at all in Fine Cut, we actually requested a seat over looking the martini bar. BUT in Le Voyage, every time the doors open it was weird to hear the burst of noise, I think they need to add a violinist in there to create a nicer vibe. 

We like to try all the options, 

Patty 

Thank you so much for this info!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruiscs said:

The filet mignon? We are also meat lovers.

Yes in any venue if a filet is an option that's what my DH will get, in Eden it was his fave of that sailing. It's in a pastry, more Wellington style. Fine Cut and Le Voyage are just steak on a plate. 😁

Patty

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Yes in any venue if a filet is an option that's what my DH will get, in Eden it was his fave of that sailing. It's in a pastry, more Wellington style. Fine Cut and Le Voyage are just steak on a plate. 😁

Patty

Nice. Have heard that the lamb in Eden is also very delicious

• Like 1

For Eden definitely do the tasting menu. It is the same price as long as you do not do the wine paring. The food was outstanding. I was not fond of the choices on the second section so they allowed me one substitution. I thought they would be smaller portions but they were not. For the Rooftop Grill, the steak was fantastic.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dacsmom said:

For Eden definitely do the tasting menu. It is the same price as long as you do not do the wine paring. The food was outstanding. I was not fond of the choices on the second section so they allowed me one substitution. I thought they would be smaller portions but they were not. For the Rooftop Grill, the steak was fantastic.

Can you please explain the concept of the tasting meny? Sorry this will be my first time on Celebrity:)

I guess all of us have different tastes, but Eden and Roof Top Grill, IMO, are great.  I liked the rib eye at RTG better than the one in Fine Cut.  We ate at Eden three times on one cruise.  It was excellent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cw2go said:

Patty

When we ate in the Beyond, the beef dish that you referred to had 2 items.  One was a  filet mignon and the other was short rib Wellington.  The dish was excellent.  

FILET MIGNON AND MINI SHORT RIB WELLINGTON*

mashed potatoes, vegetables, mushrooms, bordelaise

• Like 4

We have tried Eden a few times and are always very happy with our meals.   The sommeliers are attentive and helpful and with wine selections.   Our only experience at Rooftop wasn't impressive at all, and were shocked that it was even a Specialty Restaurant.   Reading reviews for this it seems we had an experience that was rare.   Willing to give it another shot.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shipknotshore said:

We have tried Eden a few times and are always very happy with our meals.   The sommeliers are attentive and helpful and with wine selections.   Our only experience at Rooftop wasn't impressive at all, and were shocked that it was even a Specialty Restaurant.   Reading reviews for this it seems we had an experience that was rare.   Willing to give it another shot.   

What didnt you like at Rooftop?

21 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

What didnt you like at Rooftop?

Truthfully I can't even remember what we ordered.....just that it was nothing special.  We've got a cruise coming up on Celebrity in December so we will have to give it another try.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruiscs said:

How is the ambiance at Rooftop Grill when there is a live band playing? Is it too much noise or a better experience?

I never saw a band playing back by RGG but there is a large screen, we enjoyed watching the Super Bowl. 

It can get windy, I was fine but others were annoyed. 

Patty 

On 7/6/2023 at 1:34 PM, Cruiscs said:

How is the ambiance at Rooftop Grill when there is a live band playing? Is it too much noise or a better experience?

It's a nice outdoor restaurant with comfortable seating.  Waitstaff were wonderful.   Like Patty said, it can get windy but I'm pretty sure they do their best to seat you in the least windy spots.   I've not ever seen a live band playing either.