Recliners

Babyfin

On 7/4/2023 at 5:52 PM, Babyfin said:

I saw that I can rent a recliner from Scootaround for my upcoming cruise in Sept. I was wondering if anyone had experience with renting the recliners and if they had any photos of the rental. We are staying in a standard balcony cabin, I assume it would fit through the door? Thanks.

Did you end up renting a recliner?  If so, do you have any pictures or recommendations?

Thank you!

On 7/14/2023 at 11:57 PM, bfly22 said:

The WC-accessible rooms are actually quite big and will definitely fit a recliner.  Most of the recliners that are rented are slender they are not overstuffed chairs.  Most of them are electric and put u in a standing position.  I agree with one of the posts to ensure the cruise company knows your special needs and arranges for that and call and check on that frequently.  My father can't sleep laying down ever due to his back and we have cruised NCL, Princess, Carnival, RC and we have done reclining chair rentals but I always verify both with the cruise line and their preferred rental company and ALWAYS get a WC-accessible room.

Can you share which company you have rented a recliner from?  I am looking at Scootaround or Special Needs at Sea for a cruise on Royal Caribbean.  I called both companies but can't get model names or dimensions for their chairs.  Have you worked with either and is there one you were happier with? Worried about both cleanliness and comfort of the chair.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I did not end up getting the recliner. I went with the suggestion to use the blow up wedge from amazon since I needed something from the cruise and the hotels before and after the cruise and worked out nicely. Could blow them up to the height that I needed to be comfortable at each place I stayed. Even used it under my feet when I was sitting in the chairs in the rooms.

• Thanks 2

I tried renting a recliner for RCCL cruise for my mother last oct.  Special needs told me that they could ensure one of the beds would be removed.  Scoot-a-round said it wasn't a problem both told me I was responsible for making sure it would fit.  After getting the dimensions of the recliner and the ships doorway I realized it was impossible.  We were not in a handicapped room at the time.  I ended up arranging a wedge pillow for her instead

• Thanks 1