Solstice and Verand part view stateroom

danilija

33 minutes ago, danilija said:

Hi all! I am wondering if anyone can tell what it means when a Veranda stateroom only have a ”part view” to the sea?

If the stateroom is on Deck 6, lifeboats will be visible as you look out on your veranda.  You won't have a clear view of the sea.  If you are on Deck 7 and above, you can look directly out at the sea, but if you look down from the rail of your balcony, you will see lifeboats and not see directly down at the sea.  This case it is not considered an partial or obstructed view balcony.

On the S-Class (with the exception of Reflection), there is a window washing contraption obstructing your view out.  This is on the Deck 11, staterooms 1547/1549 on the port side, and 1552/1554 on the starboard side.  

What stateroom are you looking at?

Edited by Wineaux007
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

If the stateroom is on Deck 6, lifeboats will be visible as you look out on your veranda.  You won't have a clear view of the sea.  If you are on Deck 7 and above, you can look directly out at the sea, but if you look down from the rail of your balcony, you will see lifeboats and not see directly down at the sea.  This case it is not considered an partial or obstructed view balcony.

On the S-Class (with the exception of Reflection), there is a window washing contraption obstructing your view out.  This is on the Deck 11, staterooms 1547/1549 on the port side, and 1552/1554 on the starboard side.  

How bad is the view for 1549? I know it is a little bigger balcony.

Laura

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

It wouldn't bother me, but some it might.  

I am hoping it won't bother us. We are booking 1549. Have a hold on the cabin right now. It looks like it will just be some of the view above the balcony that is obstructed and not straight out. 

Thanks.

Laura

9 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Does this depend on the ship?  I have a cabin booked on the Millie on deck 6.  I’m aware of the lifeboats.  I’ve seen video and it looks like you can look straight out to the ocean from inside the cabin.

30 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Does this depend on the ship?  I have a cabin booked on the Millie on deck 6.  I’m aware of the lifeboats.  I’ve seen video and it looks like you can look straight out to the ocean from inside the cabin.

Yes.  This is on the S-Class (Solstice) that the OP is sailing.