Walking tour in Athens

dickinson

I am considering two different walking tours in Athens.  Each has their pros and cons.  Each is for the Acropolis and also the Acropolis Museum. Just want to know what others think.  

1. Athens-Walks is 87 Euros/person including tickets. Each guide has about 17 people.  4 hours long. Starts at 9 am.

2. Athens Walking Tours is more expensive at 95 Euros/person including tickets. Each guide has on average 18 people but max 24.  3.5 hours long. Starts at 8:30 am.

Basically #1 is less expensive, 30 minutes longer, starts 30 minutes later, and I don't know what max people would be but has "about" the same # of people as #2.

3. Another question is that I could buy the tickets on Trip Advisor.  Might cost slightly more but have the option to reserve my spot now and they will bill credit card 48 hours before the tour.  Not sure I want to book through a 3rd party.  The tour companies and Trip Advisor have 24 hour cancellation.

4. If I buy through the tour company I can just buy the tour and give them cash to pay for the entrance tickets.  Is that better than buying them in advance with the tour company?

Which would you pick or which DID you pick and why.  I assume both tours will be good as both seem to be highly rated.  

Any ideas of that to do either later in the day or on our other day in Athens before our cruise?

Thanks.

• Like 1