Chef's Table questions

cruisingberger

Sorry is these have been asked and answered. I was unable to find the answers.

1. Can you book Chefs table before you get onboard thru the Medallion App? If not, how do you book?

2. Is Chefs Table done each evening?

3. We will be on Discovery Princess. If you couldn't get the Chef's table, and you are a party of 5, where would your second choice be?

Thank You!!!

No, you can't book ahead of time.  Call the Dine Line as soon as you are onboard.

They are generally only held once or twice per cruise.

Party of 5 may be a tall order, it's usually couples but you never know!

Second choice would be the Winemaker's Dinner.  That's held a little more frequently, costs less but isn't quite as "showy" as the Chef's Table.  Again book as soon as you are onboard through the Dine Line.

Andrew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingberger said:

1. Can you book Chefs table before you get onboard thru the Medallion App? If not, how do you book?

3. We will be on Discovery Princess. If you couldn't get the Chef's table, and you are a party of 5, where would your second choice be?

Thank You!!!

Call as soon as you can once in your cabin and ask to get

on the list

for the Chef’s Table.  They will notify you if you are confirmed.  The Winemaker’s Dinner is great too. Sometimes if they can’t confirm CT, they will offer WMD.

Also, since you’re new to PCL, I think…our favorite is the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, if you have a balcony.  Great meal!  You can check these out by reading info on the website.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingberger said:

Thank You!!!

-No you have to book when you get on, call dinning from your phone.

- No they only have a couple, on our 17d there were only two and a waitlist of over 80 people on stand by. There’s only 12 spots 

-Crown grill

Edited by KyloRen
  • Like 1

In late Nov last year we sailed on a 7D Sky Princess cruise. We were two parties of 2 and both were in suites.  Upon boarding, we immediately went to Sabatini's and tried to book.  Were told there would be only 1 on our cruise and they put all four of us on wait list. They wound up having a second one and all 4 of us made it. Best meal we ever had at sea. Just a few pics to share.

20221129_210133.jpg

20221129_201843.jpg

20221129_184706.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

We really like the Winemaker's Dinner; we've done it several times now.  I admit, we've NOT done the CT...the price really turns us off.

Well, the new price for WMD was advertised as $140 per person featuring Caymus Winery.  I’ve not seen anyone posting about the WMD since the increase.

We won’t be doing it anymore at that price.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Well, the new price for WMD was advertised as $140 per person featuring Caymus Winery.  I’ve not seen anyone posting about the WMD since the increase.

We won’t be doing it anymore at that price.

Yeah...that was *supposedly* the plan when we did the WD on the Sky a couple months back.  Everyone was saying that the price was now $140.  When I approached the DR Manager when I was trying to book, he acted like he knew nothing of this "new WD".  We got in at the old price of $40.  We will NOT be doing it any more if they go with the new pricing!

28 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yeah...that was *supposedly* the plan when we did the WD on the Sky a couple months back.  Everyone was saying that the price was now $140.  When I approached the DR Manager when I was trying to book, he acted like he knew nothing of this "new WD".  We got in at the old price of $40.  We will NOT be doing it any more if they go with the new pricing!

What month was that?