Posted on Another Site...Ruby Princess Hits Dock in SF

Jaymuxman

On 7/11/2023 at 1:38 PM, Thrak said:

Coming back from Moorea to San Pedro we had 8 sea days in a row. The 28 day cruise had 18 sea days in all. We enjoyed it very much.

Our favorite cruise ever because of all the sea days.  It was surprising to us though how many people were "going crazy" after about the 4th straight sea day coming back.  We LOVED it!!!

• Like 5

On 7/9/2023 at 7:57 PM, chengkp75 said:

Unless he violated or ignored a procedure or policy for maneuvering the ship as outlined in the Princess ISM code, he would not be relieved of command.  It is not the person who failed, it is the system that failed the person, by not providing the proper guidance and instruction.  The system needs to be fixed, not the person.

I think you mean the Princess SMS (Safety Management System).  The ISM Code is the regulation and the company's policies and procedures which demonstrate how they will meet that regulation is the "Safety Management System".

Edited by MarinerPro

On 7/12/2023 at 7:03 PM, DiRonT said:

Our favorite cruise ever because of all the sea days.  It was surprising to us though how many people were "going crazy" after about the 4th straight sea day coming back.  We LOVED it!!!

I'm looking forward to our Hawaii cruise in January.  The majority of the days will be AT SEA!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 12:37 PM, Boatdrill said:

With complete respect for your decision to leave the ship, I truly hope you'll cruise again 

with Princess and use the compensation they'll give you. 

I have actually booked a CruiseTour for next year using the FCC provided. I was just very disappointed in the moment but really want my Princess cruise! 

• Like 2