Cannes & Villefranche Itinerary Ideas

dannysporea

Hi all!

We are tendering into both Cannes and Villefranche from 7 AM to 8 PM. Looking for ideas on what to do and where to go. In Cannes I reserved a rental car and will be free to roam around. We want to go to see Eze and Monaco. Should we go with the car the day we are in Cannes (I would love to drive the F1 circuit, but can live without that), or train/bus when we will be in Villefranche? If Villefranche would be better for Eze and Monaco, where should we go with the rental car? Same for the alternative, what to do in Villefranche if going to Eze/Monaco from Cannes? We are interested in the outdoors, sightseeing and scenic drives/walks, not so much interested in going to museums, so might skip Nice. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Edited by dannysporea

We really enjoyed beautiful Antibes when we were in Cannes. The market there is lovely and strolling the quaint streets was very pleasant. The waterfront and the harbor filled with amazing yachts was a great walk with the  fort in the distance.  On the way back, we walked to the very top of Cannes for the view and of course, the hilltop sign. We enjoyed Cannes and because it was a tender port, I did book with Celebrity so we had priority debarking as a group. 

IMG_5619.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dannysporea said:

Hi all!

We are tendering into both Cannes and Villefranche from 7 AM to 8 PM. Looking for ideas on what to do and where to go. In Cannes I reserved a rental car and will be free to roam around. We want to go to see Eze and Monaco. Should we go with the car the day we are in Cannes (I would love to drive the F1 circuit, but can live without that), or train/bus when we will be in Villefranche? If Villefranche would be better for Eze and Monaco, where should we go with the rental car? Same for the alternative, what to do in Villefranche if going to Eze/Monaco from Cannes? We are interested in the outdoors, sightseeing and scenic drives/walks, not so much interested in going to museums, so might skip Nice. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Eze and Montecarlo are closer to Villefranche.  The circuit are just the city roads - with traffic.

From Cannes you can go to Nice, Saint-Paul de Vence,  Vence, Tourrettes-sur-Loup, Antibes, Biot, etc, etc.  Look them up and decide what interests you. You will be glad you got the car. Aim to be back in Cannes two hours before sail time.

Edited by marazul

8 hours ago, marazul said:

I reserved a rental car and will be free to roam around

From Cannes, Grasse is also an option and you could include smaller but attractive villages such as Valbonne, Opio, and Mougins, also  Biot which has already been mentioned.

12 hours ago, edinburgher said:

I reserved a rental car and will be free to roam around

I should have also included Vallauris in the above.  Vallauris, Biot, Antibes are all in "Picasso country" and those smaller towns and villages are still worthy of a visit and may be quieter than some of the more touristy bigger names. Mougins has been a long time "foody destination" but worth checking current info as there may have been changes post pandemic.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1