Can I leave luggage?

I wouldn’t think so.  Our experience has been to give the luggage directly to the porters where it is loaded into cages to be loaded onto the ship.  

The only times we have not done this was when we were staying at a hotel booked through the cruise line and they have had us leave our luggage either in our room tagged or just outside our room tagged where it was picked up and taken to the ship.  

To my knowledge, there are not storage facilities at the ports.  

For reference, we have sailed from Vancouver, Seattle, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa, Port Canaveral, San Diego, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Auckland, Boston and I’m missing others…. 

• Like 2

Once we were leaving one HAL ship, and boarding the next one that was docked right behind the HAL ship we were leaving which was the very same day, not the next day like yours. We wished we could have just tossed the suitcases off the aft deck and on to the next one - only in our dreams.

Instead after checking out, a porter wheeled our luggage down to the next embarkation area for the HAL ship docked behind us.

Unbeknownst to us, the porter with our suitcases tried to barge in ahead of a line of passengers already waiting their HAL embarkation to open up. This generated loud boos, and the porter quickly retreated. We tried to skulk away from the mess and dutifully took our place at the back of the line, where we belonged.

Moral of the story - no short cuts were available at that port - Boston, and the porters were a particularly burly lot.

Port security post 9-11 took away most of the prior luggage storage options, including even mail boxes at ports or airports.  "Left luggage" is automatically deemed suspicious, but it won't hurt to ask if it can be secured someplace for you. 

• Thanks 1