Back on Oasis class after 12 years…and I think I'm done with it.

8 minutes ago, Tapi said:

we were traveling with kids who wanted to do EVERYTHING. They wanted to go to every family karaoke, every trivia, every game, every party, and they wanted to do the waterslides, zipline, flowrider, the Abyss, carousel etc, all which were either held in pack venues or had lines.

I think this makes a huge difference. We always sail in the summer (wife is a teacher but we have no kids) and don't mind it b/c we don't do any of those things. I've hypothesized it may even keep people OUT of places like the Solarium b/c, like you mentioned, adults are busy with their kids doing kid-friendly stuff.

Trivia was also overcrowded on Wonder last month b/c they held much of it in the karoake bar (what used to be On-Air) which wasn't big enough. When it was held in the Schooner Bar it wasn't as bad.

18 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have sailed Oasis Class mostly over the last few years.  Last Sep/Oct we did 17 nights on a Ovation and Quantum combo.  Quantum class feels way to small and their single level dining rooms suck. Oasis Class for us.  We have done 3 transatlantic crossings on Oasis Class and all were fantastic. We are both 70+. We did find Vintages to be our go to bar. 

Yup ... our problem is we are UK-based so we only have Anthem if we want to use RCI to make the most of our benefits ... and it seems we're getting Odyssey next so same old, same old unfortunately

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I've hypothesized it may even keep people OUT of places like the Solarium b/c, like you mentioned, adults are busy with their kids doing kid-friendly stuff.

Very interesting perspective. Something for me to think about.

• Like 1

Have you thought about any of the amplified ships in Freedom class? I LOVE Freedom class, I find it to be the perfect size, and with amplification it will have a lot of the things you loved on Oasis. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2023 at 2:10 PM, allyfree said:

Yup ... our problem is we are UK-based so we only have Anthem if we want to use RCI to make the most of our benefits ... and it seems we're getting Odyssey next so same old, same old unfortunately

Having sailed the Anthem and comparing it with our very recent experience on the Oasis with 6800 passengers .... in my opinion the Anthem was a much better experience in every area!!!!. 

I completely agree with the OP, I am also very much over the Oasis Class. The friends I frequently travel with love them though, so I have to do one a year. The rest of the time I try to stay on smaller ships, especially Radiance Class. I wish Royal would do a new class at some point for those of us not into gigantic floating theme parks, but that doesn't seem likely. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DarthGrady said:

I completely agree with the OP, I am also very much over the Oasis Class. The friends I frequently travel with love them though, so I have to do one a year. The rest of the time I try to stay on smaller ships, especially Radiance Class. I wish Royal would do a new class at some point for those of us not into gigantic floating theme parks, but that doesn't seem likely. 

I've only sailed on one...the Oasis and once was enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did Oasis once in 2010/11 and that was enough for me, but it's also long enough ago that I can't remember exactly why I didn't like it. 

So booked Harmony for this winter, and will give it another shot. Suspect I'll end up agreeing with the points in the first post here. 

For yrs I wanted to sail on The Oasis. When it came to NJ I was very excited. Cruised this May, not a fan at all. Too big, too crowded, tooooo loud. The worse thing for us was the under utilization of the main theater. Most games, shows, music etc held in small venues. Unless you were their way before forget getting a seat. Of course still enjoyed the cruise but will stick to a different class. And forget this Utopia!!!! LOL

Marg