Carnival Venezia 27 Jun - 5 July Cruise....

chisox021

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah actually Grand Turk and St. Kitts in February.

I didn't notice any of that Feb in Turks, or the other 2 times I was there, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening. 

Disappointing - I think Turks is very pretty and I really like it.

2 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I didn't notice any of that Feb in Turks, or the other 2 times I was there, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening. 

Disappointing - I think Turks is very pretty and I really like it.

Yeah I didn’t have any of it there before Covid. But I’ve read about it on social media as well so I know I’m not the only one who has had it happen recently.

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I didn’t have any of it there before Covid. But I’ve read about it on social media as well so I know I’m not the only one who has had it happen recently.

No doubt.

I have only been to Turks post-Covid.

36 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Not been to St Kitts - and now striking it off the list. Thanks!

Are the lizards also trained to pick pocket? You know, like the ones they put on your head in Cabo/Mazatlan/PV (don't remember which of the 3 so listing them all) to get you to pay for taking a picture? If do, thanks again for me removing another port from my list.

Respectfully, you may as well strike every port everywhere off your list. You will find this everywhere in the Caribbean -- Jamaica, Caymans, Mexico, Belize, Puerto Rico, US and British Virgin Islands, ABC Islands, Bahamas. Not to mention every major city in the US. 

Just dont fall for the tourist scams and if someone asks you if you want anything just say "no thanks" and keep moving.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Respectfully, you may as well strike every port everywhere off your list. You will find this everywhere in the Caribbean -- Jamaica, Caymans, Mexico, Belize, Puerto Rico, US and British Virgin Islands, Bahamas. Not to mention every major city in the US. 

Just dont fall for the tourist scams and if someone asks you if you want anything just say "no thanks" and keep moving.

I do a lot of "no thanks" and keep moving, so I'm good at it, unlike my sister who feels the need to tell everyone why she's saying no, lol.

The places I will strike off my list are the ones where they're overly aggressive, continue to pressure after you say no, or huddle together in groups in an attempt to separate members of my group. I'm okay scraping gum off the sole of my shoes, but draw the line at physically removing someone's arm from my shoulder.

If I wanted an excursion to local drug houses, I'd save $$, stay home and go walk through South Side. Some "local immersion" I can pass on.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Not been to St Kitts - and now striking it off the list. Thanks!

Are the lizards also trained to pick pocket? You know, like the ones they put on your head in Cabo/Mazatlan/PV (don't remember which of the 3 so listing them all) to get you to pay for taking a picture? If do, thanks again for me removing another port from my list.

The lizards aren’t trained but FYI all reptiles are VERY prone to carry salmonella. No one one of those is getting on my head. I won’t even touch them. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2023 at 2:32 AM, crazyank said:

So your idea is to cut off even those who drink responsibly if they have a drink package? 

Do you need to cut off someone who's not drunk?  That's not my intention.  But what do you consider "drinking responsibly"?   So lets say that each drink is $10.  That's six per day per person, at the minimum to make it worth while, but many drink more than that.  So, 6 drinks per day, if spaced out correctly is fine for most people.  But 10?  20?   That's where it gets sticky.   Do non alcoholic drink 10 drinks a day at home, every day for 7 days?   Now if you paid for each drink individually perhaps you think twice about that 7th drink?  Or maybe even your 3rd drink?  I admit, I'm not a big drinker and those drink packages are not worth it for me.  I might have 1 or 2 drinks per day, tops.    That's plenty for me.   But to me, 7-8 drink a day is excessive and goes beyond drinking responsibly.  Not everyone's body is the same, and some can hold that many, but many can't.

• Like 1

Wow   this well intentioned review got hijacked and went sideways quickly

Came to read about the Venezia-leaving to discover I'm a heavy alcohol user

Welcome weekend!

Edited by peacefrog
  • Haha 2

I just got off the Venezia on Thursday 7/13.  I didn't experience any altercations,  but the ship seemed very full.  Our waiter told us there was over 4500 passengers and said the next cruise was supposed to exceed 5,000.   I'm curious how many were on your sailing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, matt082600 said:

I just got off the Venezia on Thursday 7/13.  I didn't experience any altercations,  but the ship seemed very full.  Our waiter tIold us there was over 4500 passengers and said the next cruise was supposed to exceed 5,000.   I'm curious how many were on your sailing.

Well on the 6/27 cruise I was told 3 different counts. 4500, 4800 and "over 5000" so take your pick! 

I will say it was not the most crowded feeling ship I have ever been on but there really were no quiet areas to hide and relax either.