Which Type of Cabana at Beach Club?

We are a group of eight "middle age" ladies that have a Cabana booked at the Beach Club for a cruise in a few weeks.  It seems Cabanas are not selling out on our cruise and prices have dropped.  I can reserve an Over the Water Cababana for "only" $300 more than what we paid for the Beach Club Cabana.

I have never rented a cabana before and would like to ask which cabana would be better for our group.

The views look amazing for OTW, but location wise is it better for the Beach cabana to be closer to the pool and better to be "on the beach"?

Should I book an OTW cabana or should we stay with the beach cabana? 

Edited by GaTechCruiser

I was treated to both by a generous family member (I wouldn't pay for either but that wasn't your question).

I thought the OTW cabana was much nicer, beautiful view of the ocean, hammock over the water to lounge in, you can jump into the ocean or use the slide, snorkel right off the side, it has a shower to rinse off in, etc. You can still walk to the pool (my young nieces did), it's just a bit farther.

A lot of my family actually preferred the beach cabana because it was closer to the beach club and pool. Your food & drinks will come a bit quicker if that matters but a good server will take care of you either way. They ride big tricycles out to the OTW cabanas.

So I'd say it's personal preference. The food and service were identical. We even requested our amazing server from a year ago last month and our request was granted.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I was treated to both by a generous family member (I wouldn't pay for either but that wasn't your question).

I thought the OTW cabana was much nicer, beautiful view of the ocean, hammock over the water to lounge in, you can jump into the ocean or use the slide, snorkel right off the side, it has a shower to rinse off in, etc. You can still walk to the pool (my young nieces did), it's just a bit farther.

A lot of my family actually preferred the beach cabana because it was closer to the beach club and pool. Your food & drinks will come a bit quicker if that matters but a good server will take care of you either way. They ride big tricycles out to the OTW cabanas.

So I'd say it's personal preference. The food and service were identical. We even requested our amazing server from a year ago last month and our request was granted.

Thank you!  What is the server's name?  Do you have a specific OTW cabana number that I should try to reserve when we embark?  I read to avoid #1 because people asked to use their slide...

Thanks for your feedback - I know this is the cheapest option I will ever see for an OTW cabana, so I am going to make the change today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GaTechCruiser said:

Thank you!  What is the server's name?  Do you have a specific OTW cabana number that I should try to reserve when we embark?  I read to avoid #1 because people asked to use their slide...

Thanks for your feedback - I know this is the cheapest option I will ever see for an OTW cabana, so I am going to make the change today.

The server's name was Ready (from India I believe). Great service and super nice guy.

After consulting my wife (much better memory than me, lol) and a map, we think we had #5 (it was May 2022). Generally speaking, I'd ask for one in the "front row", as in nothing in front of you but the ocean, but #5 is also right off the main path that leads back to the beach/club/pool so we liked it for various reasons (although I'm sure we'd have had a great time in any of them).

Happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the OTW cabana and then saw the price dropped even more this week.  It was only $100 more than what I originally paid for the beach cabana.  Price for the OTW is almost half what it was in November when I booked the beach cabana. Probably since it is only a 3 day cruise, people are not looking to spend a lot of extra money.  Glad it worked out for us and a great way to celebrate my "Big Birthday" next week.  I will probably not get another change to enjoy it.  The cost is over $4,000 during our Spring Break cruise on the Odessy in 2024.

• Like 5

We loved our OTW cabana last week.  We were in #13 and our attendant was great!  My comment to my husband was that I wouldn't want to be in the beach cabana's on that side because they all stared at the OTW cabanas and didn't have an open ocean view.  There was a bathroom partway up the path to the Beach Club.  We waited until about 2:00 to go up to the pool when lots of people with the day pass were headed back to the ship.  We stayed until 4:00 to get as much use as possible out of our day because I doubt I will ever see a deal like I got again!

2 hours ago, Cutigerlady said:

We loved our OTW cabana last week.  We were in #13 and our attendant was great!  My comment to my husband was that I wouldn't want to be in the beach cabana's on that side because they all stared at the OTW cabanas and didn't have an open ocean view.  There was a bathroom partway up the path to the Beach Club.  We waited until about 2:00 to go up to the pool when lots of people with the day pass were headed back to the ship.  We stayed until 4:00 to get as much use as possible out of our day because I doubt I will ever see a deal like I got again!

Thanks for the information, can't believe the OTW is only $2299 - with tax it was around $2500.  I know I will never be able to enjoy something like that in the future.  

Did you pick #13 or was that assigned?  I plan on going to the Shore Excursion desk to select one of the ones in the "front"

We plan on staying in the Cabana all day until we get kicked out 🙂

• Like 1