Live from Britannia

Selbourne

9 minutes ago, daiB said:

Sindhu was spot on last night 4 of us had an excellent meal.

That’s good to hear Dai. We are keeping our second reservation. Still debating our other Epicurean reservations, especially as the MDR is proving to be better than we expected. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s good to hear Dai. We are keeping our second reservation. Still debating our other Epicurean reservations, especially as the MDR is proving to be better than we expected. 

We have had very good meals in the MDR over these 2 cruises. Including one night having a starter, a soup, a fish course, a main dish and cheese. I could not manage a sweet as well. 😎. So it can still be done. 😎

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

DAY 4

This was going to be the most scenic day of the cruise as we were calling at Skjolden, which is at the end of the longest fjord in Norway. Having woken up at 0445 and noticing that we were already in the fjord, I decided not to go back to sleep and to watch the transit, especially as this is the only place during the entire cruise that we haven’t been to before. Whilst the Norwegian fjords are amongst the most scenic places in Europe, it’s ironic that the inward cruise down the fjord is missed by almost all the passengers, as most of it happens whilst people are still asleep, and the outbound cruise is missed by many due to dinner etc. 

The tranquility of the fjords is magical and at around 0530 we passed a Silver Seas cruise ship that was heading off down a different branch of the fjord. According to Horizon we weren’t due to berth until 0930 but we arrived around 2 hours earlier. I had read that there is now a SeaWalk here, but we berthed at the cruise pier and I didn’t see the SeaWalk when we were in the centre later. 

After breakfast in the Peninsular restaurant we sorted ourselves out and decided to have a wander into the village. An overcast day but still quite mild, and the darkened skies added quite a spectacle to the already dramatic scenery. As with most fjord ports, Skjolden is tiny. The centre was basically a hotel and a small store plus a couple of tourist related places, but not much else. The walk to and from the ship is a pleasant level path alongside the waters edge, past some holiday lodges. We noticed that all the cars parked at the lodges were from Belgium and Netherlands, plus one from Germany. There is a lively river cascading down from the mountains into the fjord and separate pedestrian and vehicle bridges across it. We walked as far as a viewpoint from where I posted the photo yesterday. After an hour we’d pretty much seen everything and wandered back to the ship. A very relaxing and easy visit to a lovely place. 

I picked up a Britain Today paper and we just relaxed on board until lunch, back in the Peninsular restaurant. Yet again, we were called within minutes of joining the virtual queue, even though we ask for a table for 2 with the wheelchair user box ticked. I had vegetarian sushi as a starter and it was absolutely delicious. The nicest I’ve ever had in fact. There was a hilarious moment thereafter when my pie arrived. It was meant to be shortcrust pastry, but was unlike any pastry I have ever eaten in my life, but not in a good way! I can’t really describe it, but balsa wood probably comes closest. I forced my wife to sample a small piece of it and her face was a picture 😂 Thankfully the pie filling and veg were all lovely, as was the pud (rhubarb and ginger crumble). Once again, the food was served piping hot. The waiter had asked what we wanted for desert when we first ordered, but a polite “we will decide what we’d like once we’ve had our main course” is always accepted.

A quiet afternoon reading before the sailaway. Gliding along a fjord is always a special experience and reminded me of why I always say to people who are debating whether or not a cruise is right for them that a 7 night fjord cruise is the best first cruise. Not too long (if you don’t like it) but long enough (if you do), spectacular scenery and usually affordable prices. Unfortunately the cloud cover got worse and the weather started to draw in, so what could have been a whole evening of scenic cruising got a bit murky. Still much better than just looking at the sea though.

Dinner was booked for the Beach House. When our kids were young we always dined

early to suit them. Many parents nowadays dine when it suits them, rather than the little ones, and don’t seem to be at all bothered that their kids are over tired. Also, on the rare occasion that one of ours would start creating or crying, one of us would take them out of the restaurant until they had calmed down, so as not to spoil the experience for other diners. Rarely is such courtesy shown these days and, sure enough, one little tot spent virtually the whole evening crying. Suddenly, Aurora was looking more attractive again 😂

Thankfully the food was better than the ambiance. I had nachos with chorizo which was lovely. My wife didn’t want a starter again (such a lightweight) but I forced her to order the Hush Puppies, as the description sounds right up my street, but I remember having them years ago and they were rubbish. They still are 😂. Both our mains were absolutely superb. My wife had the seafood skewer and I had the fillet steak cooked on lava stone. I rarely eat steak but every time I’ve had one in the Beach House it’s been 10/10 and this was no exception. Deserts are a weak point of the Beach House menu IMHO, a menu which hasn’t changed since as long as I can remember. My wife didn’t have one and I just asked for a few scoops of ice cream which was quite enough after the steak.

Our intention was to end the day with the Pulse rock show, which had been recommended but, even though we got there around 25 mins before show time, the place was rammed and there was nowhere suitable for us to sit, especially with the wheelchair. It was also very noisy in there (reminded me why we’d had noise issues in an aft suite 2 decks above the Live Lounge some years ago on Britannia) and, looking around, I think there were a few in there who perhaps were getting their moneys worth from the drinks package 😂 We decided that it wasn’t for us so retired for the evening.

All in all, another pleasant day. Next stop Andalsnes.

Thanks - glad to hear the Beach House fillet steak and hanging kebab are still delicious.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

LIFTS!

There is a problem that is beginning to cause a lot of consternation amongst my fellow passengers at present. As many of you will know, Britannia has a major design flaw in that there are no stairs midships, so even able bodied folk just moving between one or two floors have to use a lift. Usually this is just an inconvenience but, for the last few days, we have had 2 of the 6 midships lifts out of action. This is causing real problems at peak times in ports. Full lifts aren’t stopping, those that do stop are also full and waits are getting quite long. A number of passengers are getting quite vocal about this. The added problem that we have is that wheelchair users can only disembark via the midships exit 🙄. We are going to try to get off soon. Wish me luck 🤞

Lift Update

Well who d’a thunked it? 10 minutes after writing this post we went back to the lifts to find that both lifts that have been out of action for the past few days are now back in service. I’d like to claim credit, but as this was only 20 minutes after I’d mentioned it to reception when picking up my Britain Today newspaper I suspect it’s more coincidence, or down to the ladies who have been announcing very loudly as they had finally entered the lifts that were still working that “the lift situation is a disgrace and everyone should make a complaint about it”. 😂 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Lifts are a problem on Britannia. 

During my last cruise on Britannia my cabin was on Lido Deck. No way was I going to use the stairs when returning from an excursion, but my crammed full lift wasn't moving, the doors would shut but then open again! (No, it wasn't overloaded). After this happened some half dozen times we worked out that one person waiting for the lifts was hitting the call button as soon as the doors shut, of course that caused all the lifts on that level to open their doors again. We were all delayed by several minutes because one person didn't want to wait for ten seconds to let the lifts move!  A few choice words pointing out the error of their ways rectified the situation.

Edited by FangedRose
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Lift Update

Well who d’a thunked it? 10 minutes after writing this post we went back to the lifts to find that both lifts that have been out of action for the past few days are now back in service. I’d like to claim credit, but as this was only 20 minutes after I’d mentioned it to reception when picking up my Britain Today newspaper I suspect it’s more coincidence, or down to the ladies who have been announcing very loudly as they had finally entered the lifts that were still working that “the lift situation is a disgrace and everyone should make a complaint about it”. 😂 

Are you sure you haven't got a 'p' on your cruise card!😀

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Dinner was booked for the Beach House. When our kids were young we always dined

early to suit them. Many parents nowadays dine when it suits them, rather than the little ones, and don’t seem to be at all bothered that their kids are over tired. Also, on the rare occasion that one of ours would start creating or crying, one of us would take them out of the restaurant until they had calmed down, so as not to spoil the experience for other diners. Rarely is such courtesy shown these days and, sure enough, one little tot spent virtually the whole evening crying. Suddenly, Aurora was looking more attractive again 😂

When I was on Britannia on the 23rd June sailing we were on first sitting to suit my little one so at the same table each night. We got treated to a little boy being taken to the toilet midway through dinner each night. How did I know that? Because mum carried the kid's potty openly through the restaurant not in a bag or anything so mum's bare hands were touching the used potty. 🤢  I should be thankful the kid was taken out to the toilets rather than just being sat on it in the middle of the restaurant I suppose.

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

LIFTS!

There is a problem that is beginning to cause a lot of consternation amongst my fellow passengers at present. As many of you will know, Britannia has a major design flaw in that there are no stairs midships, so even able bodied folk just moving between one or two floors have to use a lift. Usually this is just an inconvenience but, for the last few days, we have had 2 of the 6 midships lifts out of action. This is causing real problems at peak times in ports. Full lifts aren’t stopping, those that do stop are also full and waits are getting quite long. A number of passengers are getting quite vocal about this. The added problem that we have is that wheelchair users can only disembark via the midships exit 🙄. We are going to try to get off soon. Wish me luck 🤞

I don't understand why Britannia doesn't have any passenger accessible stairs midships. I thought Sky Princess (which is essentially the same ship) was bad for lifts but at least some people could take the stairs at midships but they are locked away on Britannia. I ended up doing a lot of going up to come down because I don't like to carry my toddler up/down too many flights of stairs (I trip a lot due to ADHD clumsiness) and if we were getting off she was in her pushchair.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

We are mid-ships when we sail in September and will probably be using them more than the aft or forward lifts as Mum is a wheelchair user! 

When all 6 lifts are working, as they are now, it’s no problem at all. When one goes out it’s a bit challenging at times. When two are broken it starts to become a nightmare!

• Like 1

Lift Update

I was going to say that I read you post then went out to find them all working. I thought you were a magician. :classic_cool:.

• Haha 8

47 minutes ago, happy v said:

Are you sure you haven't got a 'p' on your cruise card!😀

Just checked and NO! In a way, I think anonymity is best, as you see it as it really is and can report accordingly. That’s why I always take with a huge pinch of salt reviews from folk who post under their real names or are identifiable through YouTube videos or cruise blogs. I have no doubt that these people, whether they know it or not, get some special treatment at times once they are identified and therefore aren’t always getting the same experience as the rest of us. 

• Like 6

DAY 5 (part 1)

Our first breakfast glitch with the app this morning. Being a port day, the MDR last entry at 9am is way too early IMHO, especially for those of us who don’t want to disembark first thing. However, I went on to the app at 0840 to find both MDRs showing as queue full and, after 5 minutes, this situation hadn’t changed. I also knew from experience that it probably wouldn’t now open up in the remaining time either. So we decided to go down and do a walk-in. 

There was a very officious chap telling everyone that in order to go in you had to share. We used to happily share tables in the past (less so at breakfast though) but, due to my wife’s condition having deteriorated, we always ask for a table of 2 now as she finds it embarrassing if I have to assist her. Also, I don’t really feel that I should have to explain that to the staff in front of waiting passengers every time that we ask for a table for 2 as this is demeaning. Anyway we were given a pager and thankfully the lady on the desk found us a table of 4 for the 2 of us 5 minutes later. The waiter and assistant waiter were both excellent and, even though we weren’t seated until 9am, service wasn’t rushed. 

We didn’t rush to leave the ship as midships  lifts (which we had to use) had been a nightmare for the past 2 days, with 2 out of 6 lifts having been out of use, but miraculously they both came back on stream just as we decided to disembark. 

This was our second visit to Alesund, the last time being in 2016, but neither of us could remember it. I can only assume that we must have gone on a tour back then, as when we walked around the centre we still didn’t remember it! Mein Schiff 4 and Seabourn Ovation were also in port, but the place didn’t feel overrun. I asked at the tourist information point where the best places were to go with a wheelchair, and the young lady recommended a walking route around the older half of the town, which is supposedly Art Deco (which we love). However, other than the road closest to the river, we found that this route was in fact impractical as it included some exceptionally steep hills! We looked around the flatter parts and then crossed back over the bridge between the old and new parts and walked around that half. A tip for anyone going to Alesund is that the newer part is far nicer to walk around and the areas along the waterfront afford good views across to the old part! We really enjoyed our couple of hours ashore and returned to the ship for lunch. 

No problems with getting in the virtual queue this time and yet another enjoyable MDR lunch. Two humorous moments though. Followers of this cruise review will know that I find the MDR lunch menus to be stupidly laid out, with no clarity as to what is a main and what is a starter. I ordered the cheese soufflé to start, only for the waiter to look at me and say “that’s a main course sir” 🙄. The devil in me wanted to say “well if that’s the case why doesn’t it ruddy well say so?”, or “I don’t care, I’ll have it anyway” but conscious that the stupid menus aren’t the waiters fault, I just smiled and ordered something else! 

Whilst I find the cakes and pastries to be poor on P&O (look nice but all taste the same), their hot deserts are usually pretty good and I will often ask for ice cream to accompany them rather than custard. Today was a pear something or other and when I started to tuck into it I realised that the chef had dusted it with salt rather than sugar 🤮 😂 

There has been absolutely nothing of interest for either of us in the daytime entertainment schedule since the start of the cruise, so a quiet afternoon siesta before tonight’s main event

which is Joel Harper Jackson (who we have never heard of) in the Limelight Club. 

As we have a sea day tomorrow and I can only post in ports, I won’t be able to feed back on the Limelight Club, or indeed

day 6 at sea, until we reach Oslo on Thursday, hence two updates today and nothing tomorrow. 

I shall close todays instalment with a tip on how to master the My Holiday App and your normal emails etc when in port, as my iPhone cannot manage to do both at the same time without difficulty.  Basically, to use the My Holiday app you have to have Airplane mode switched ON and WiFi switched ON and connected to P&O Cruises Guest WiFi. However, my emails and internet then struggle. To use the internet and emails, I have to turn both Airplane and WiFi OFF, so that my phone connects to 4G. My internet and emails then work fine, but you can’t then use My Holiday. It’s a bit of a faff having to keep switching Airplane Mode and WiFi on and off regularly, but you get used to it. Judging by the number of people I still see struggling with the app, this knowledge may help some. 

Here are some snaps from Alesund. Next update on Thursday but happy to answer any further questions over the next few hours before we leave for our sea day. 

IMG_0702.thumb.jpeg.39fd04c6fdd5f6bff1052d117da26971.jpegIMG_0706.thumb.jpeg.c3e26fde9738d89ac239cdf9abfb5e51.jpegIMG_0703.thumb.jpeg.8916b252123587612d30505668c8a94e.jpegIMG_0701.thumb.jpeg.c2ef1ba938fa4ad2d1f390754b7f2e56.jpeg

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 17

13 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Just checked and NO! In a way, I think anonymity is best, as you see it as it really is and can report accordingly. That’s why I always take with a huge pinch of salt reviews from folk who post under their real names or are identifiable through YouTube videos or cruise blogs. I have no doubt that these people, whether they know it or not, get some special treatment at times once they are identified and therefore aren’t always getting the same experience as the rest of us. 

Just to clarify, your "P" won't be on your cruise card or visible to you. It's in the computer on P&O's side so you may well have one if you've had a problem previously that went higher up the chain in Southampton. I only heard of mine when some dining went haywire on Britannia at Christmas 2021 and the hotel manager and head chef starting appearing every time we visited a restaurant to the point where I asked what on earth it was all about.  Mind you the very nice bottles of our favourite wine were most welcomed. 

If we start to hear of deliveries of mysterious Peller Ice to your room ....

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Just to clarify, your "P" won't be on your cruise card or visible to you. It's in the computer on P&O's side so you may well have one if you've had a problem previously that went higher up the chain in Southampton. I only heard of mine when some dining went haywire on Britannia at Christmas 2021 and the hotel manager and head chef starting appearing every time we visited a restaurant to the point where I asked what on earth it was all about.  Mind you the very nice bottles of our favourite wine were most welcomed. 

If we start to hear of deliveries of mysterious Peller Ice to your room ....

I’ve never felt that anyone from P&O ever takes a blind bit of notice of what we post on here (other than Moley) and whilst the vast majority of staff that we have interacted with have been charming, we find that they usually are anyway.

Absolutely no sign whatsoever of us getting anything ‘over and above’ the norm, which will hopefully reassure people that my feedback is not being influenced in any way!

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

I’ve never felt that anyone from P&O ever takes a blind bit of notice of what we post on here (other than Moley) and whilst the vast majority of staff that we have interacted with have been charming, we find that they usually are anyway.

Absolutely no sign whatsoever of us getting anything ‘over and above’ the norm, which will hopefully reassure people that my feedback is not being influenced in any way!

The benefits are over rated despite what some may think - noisiest cabin on the ship - tick, latest boarding time available - tick, broken lavatory - tick, security shrugging shoulders when you're accosted by a drunken passenger - tick ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

The benefits are over rated despite what some may think - noisiest cabin on the ship - tick, latest boarding time available - tick, broken lavatory - tick, security shrugging shoulders when you're accosted by a drunken passenger - tick ...

Just a thought. but maybe ‘P’ means ‘punish’? 🤔

• Haha 9

42 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

DAY 5 (part 1)

Our first breakfast glitch with the app this morning. Being a port day, the MDR last entry at 9am is way too early IMHO, especially for those of us who don’t want to disembark first thing. However, I went on to the app at 0840 to find both MDRs showing as queue full and, after 5 minutes, this situation hadn’t changed. I also knew from experience that it probably wouldn’t now open up in the remaining time either. So we decided to go down and do a walk-in. 

There was a very officious chap telling everyone that in order to go in you had to share. We used to happily share tables in the past (less so at breakfast though) but, due to my wife’s condition having deteriorated, we always ask for a table of 2 now as she finds it embarrassing if I have to assist her. Also, I don’t really feel that I should have to explain that to the staff in front of waiting passengers every time that we ask for a table for 2 as this is demeaning. Anyway we were given a pager and thankfully the lady on the desk found us a table of 4 for the 2 of us 5 minutes later. The waiter and assistant waiter were both excellent and, even though we weren’t seated until 9am, service wasn’t rushed. 

We didn’t rush to leave the ship as midships  lifts (which we had to use) had been a nightmare for the past 2 days, with 2 out of 6 lifts having been out of use, but miraculously they both came back on stream just as we decided to disembark. 

This was our second visit to Alesund, the last time being in 2016, but neither of us could remember it. I can only assume that we must have gone on a tour back then, as when we walked around the centre we still didn’t remember it! Mein Schiff 4 and Seabourn Ovation were also in port, but the place didn’t feel overrun. I asked at the tourist information point where the best places were to go with a wheelchair, and the young lady recommended a walking route around the older half of the town, which is supposedly Art Deco (which we love). However, other than the road closest to the river, we found that this route was in fact impractical as it included some exceptionally steep hills! We looked around the flatter parts and then crossed back over the bridge between the old and new parts and walked around that half. A tip for anyone going to Alesund is that the newer part is far nicer to walk around and the areas along the waterfront afford good views across to the old part! We really enjoyed our couple of hours ashore and returned to the ship for lunch. 

No problems with getting in the virtual queue this time and yet another enjoyable MDR lunch. Two humorous moments though. Followers of this cruise review will know that I find the MDR lunch menus to be stupidly laid out, with no clarity as to what is a main and what is a starter. I ordered the cheese soufflé to start, only for the waiter to look at me and say “that’s a main course sir” 🙄. The devil in me wanted to say “well if that’s the case why doesn’t it ruddy well say so?”, or “I don’t care, I’ll have it anyway” but conscious that the stupid menus aren’t the waiters fault, I just smiled and ordered something else! 

Whilst I find the cakes and pastries to be poor on P&O (look nice but all taste the same), their hot deserts are usually pretty good and I will often ask for ice cream to accompany them rather than custard. Today was a pear something or other and when I started to tuck into it I realised that the chef had dusted it with salt rather than sugar 🤮 😂 

There has been absolutely nothing of interest for either of us in the daytime entertainment schedule since the start of the cruise, so a quiet afternoon siesta before tonight’s main event

which is Joel Harper Jackson (who we have never heard of) in the Limelight Club. 

As we have a sea day tomorrow and I can only post in ports, I won’t be able to feed back on the Limelight Club, or indeed

day 6 at sea, until we reach Oslo on Thursday, hence two updates today and nothing tomorrow. 

I shall close todays instalment with a tip on how to master the My Holiday App and your normal emails etc when in port, as my iPhone cannot manage to do both at the same time without difficulty.  Basically, to use the My Holiday app you have to have Airplane mode switched ON and WiFi switched ON and connected to P&O Cruises Guest WiFi. However, my emails and internet then struggle. To use the internet and emails, I have to turn both Airplane and WiFi OFF, so that my phone connects to 4G. My internet and emails then work fine, but you can’t then use My Holiday. It’s a bit of a faff having to keep switching Airplane Mode and WiFi on and off regularly, but you get used to it. Judging by the number of people I still see struggling with the app, this knowledge may help some. 

Here are some snaps from Alesund. Next update on Thursday but happy to answer any further questions over the next few hours before we leave for our sea day. 

IMG_0702.thumb.jpeg.39fd04c6fdd5f6bff1052d117da26971.jpegIMG_0706.thumb.jpeg.c3e26fde9738d89ac239cdf9abfb5e51.jpegIMG_0703.thumb.jpeg.8916b252123587612d30505668c8a94e.jpegIMG_0701.thumb.jpeg.c2ef1ba938fa4ad2d1f390754b7f2e56.jpeg

Nice photos.

• Like 1

Interesting view on customer feedback, I filled in the how's it going so far form on Sky Princess yesterday, complemented them on the good things but criticised the dine my way system. Did not want or expect any feedback but got a phone call this morning from a very nice young lady, agreeing totally with my views on how poor, as well as inefficient, their system is, the staff on board apparently dislike it and are concerned about the negative vibes they are receiving from passengers, but head office insist it should continue, however they hope their feedback will eventually lead to change.

Selbourne you would be happy to note she thinks the old no booking turn up anytime system was by far more efficient for them, and did not lead to disgruntled queuers.

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Interesting view on customer feedback, I filled in the how's it going so far form on Sky Princess yesterday, complemented them on the good things but criticised the dine my way system. Did not want or expect any feedback but got a phone call this morning from a very nice young lady, agreeing totally with my views on how poor, as well as inefficient, their system is, the staff on board apparently dislike it and are concerned about the negative vibes they are receiving from passengers, but head office insist it should continue, however they hope their feedback will eventually lead to change.

Selbourne you would be happy to note she thinks the old no booking turn up anytime system was by far more efficient for them, and did not lead to disgruntled queuers.

Interesting John and I’m pleased to hear that you are enjoying your cruise (as are we, to be fair).

In response to a first impressions form on a previous P&O cruise, I received a call from the cruise director, whose style I had described as Hi-di-Hi, saying that he would take my feedback on board and, to be fair, he did 😂 

I’ve heard nothing yet following my feedback about Epicurean, but hope that I will as it will be sad if they don’t fix what used to be a first class restaurant. I fear that they have a weak chef in there at present. We shall see if it’s better when we go back later this week.  

You will be pleased to know that I have used the app 100% of the time (when I could) and am generally getting on OK with it. However, many aren’t and feedback is that they are getting seated quicker at dinner, which is daft. I guess it’s harder to palm someone off when they are stood in front of you, as opposed to when they are just a number in a queue. 

• Like 10

Just a thought. but maybe ‘P’ means ‘punish’? 🤔

Or maybe the 'P' alerts the deck manager that the guest likes to put pineapple stickers on their cabin door.

• Haha 14

13 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Guilty as charged Sue 😂 The MDR usually is a bit chaotic on the first night. Epicurean was certainly relaxed and a nice way to spend the first evening, but the food was below par and, as happened with Andy as well, we were short changed with some of the touches that make it special. 

Ironically, we made loads of speciality restaurant bookings because of so many reports on here of the MDR being poor (app problems, small portions, patchy quality, cold meals etc), yet Epicurean and Sindhu were both below their best whereas, other than a long wait on Celebration night, we have been very pleased with the MDR. Admittedly we have only had one dinner in there so far, but we have used it for breakfast each day and a few lunches and it’s been fine 😂 

EDIT - We have only used the Peninsular MDR based on feedback from those who have been on Britannia recently, which might help explain why our MDR experience has been good so far. 

Hi there , just wondering if there was any table side theatre in Epicurean … like filleting the fish or crepe Suzetteoteosration /flambé

It was still described on the menu when we were onboard in February 2023 but we never experienced it 

17 minutes ago, janieb1962 said:

Hi there , just wondering if there was any table side theatre in Epicurean … like filleting the fish or crepe Suzetteoteosration /flambé

It was still described on the menu when we were onboard in February 2023 but we never experienced it 

No, still not being done on Britannia, not even flambé away from the table, done in the kitchen apparently. 

Although P&OSue reports that everything was available on Ventura... 

Andy