good cruise with kids?

brovan

I wondered if anyone could recommend a cruise with kids. We are thinking of taking a cruise to the southern Carribean with a 3 year old and a newborn. We may be crazy, but we have taken 3 cruises now and love it, but we have never taken kids before. Looking online- the cruise that appeals to us is on the Carnival Destiny. I was looking for tips for anyone with experience taking kids of this age! Any tips for flying would be appreciated. We would have to fly from the Seattle area to San Juan. A long flight for little ones. There are no cruises close to home that we are very interested in. Any info regarding the ship, meal times, excursion appropriate for kids, great beaches etc. would be greatly appreciated.

You cannot take a newborn on any cruise. The minimum age to cruise is either four or six months of age depending on the cruise line. BTW, it's not a good idea to take a newborn on a cruise due to the fact that their immune systems are poorly developed and with all the Novo viruses going around on the ships, it could be very bad if a newborn were to contract any kind of virus on a ship.

They only one I've been on with my kids ( all teens) was Disney. Now when you're doing your research, make darn sure that they have a babysitting service. As much as you love your kids, you should allow at least a couple dinners alone. Was on second cruise and met a couple w/ a 2 y/o, hardly ever saw Mom cause she was in the cabin with child, not an exiting cruise for her. We saw him a lot cause he kept bumming smokes off of us,because he quit smoking, LOL. To sum it up, make sure it's a vacation for you too. Go have fun & give us a review.

Roayl Caribbean has an in cabin babysititng for a fee.

but like Darcy stated-- Norwalk virus can be horrible for an infant.

Most cruiselines wont let them cruise before 4 months old.

Archived