Sapphire Princess Steam and Sauna

mkitchy

Anyone know if the free steam and sauna rooms in the men and women's spa area are still in place. We were on an Emerald Princess Panama Canal cruise recently and they have been removed. Thanks for any info.

Mike

Edited by mkitchy

• 8 months later...

Hi - we are on the Ruby Princess right now and the sauna has also been removed - my wife doesn't want to cruise without one, the deck plans for the Ruby shows the sauna still there that has been removed!    All they have onboard is a paid steam room but my wife strongly prefers a sauna.   I've booked the Sapphire Princess next year for 3 months and am hoping someone whom is onboard can confirm if there still is a dry sauna available complimentary for guests.    Thanks!

Hi @Dale99, I was on the Sapphire Dec 1-18, 2023 and the steam and saunas are still available in the changing rooms by the fitness center. The steam room in the men’s changing room would be out of order for many days in a row. 

Princess has removed these facilities on sister ships Emerald with its last dry dock and the last dry dock of the Ruby last year, so it seems like a trend Princess has been implementing.

I believe the Sapphire had a recent dry dock and since the steam and saunas were not removed then, I will assume the next opportunity will be the next dry dock.

The men’s dry sauna was working, I do not know about the women’s facilities.

• Like 1