April weather from San Francisco to Hawaii

I was concerned about the weather/temperatures from SanFran to Hawaii. We are considering Princess cruise beginning of April and we really enjoy being around and in the pool. Any input will be greatly appreciated as to pool temps, when does it get warm heading towards Hawaii. Thanks G and C

As discussed here frequently, it will be cool...probably in the 50s the first day or two, then warm as you approach Hawaii.

Pool temps is a cruise line policy and procedure. I would ask on the Princess board about their pool heating policies.

Before you ask, it can be a bit rough the first day or two departing the West Coast, and the last day or two returning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We left March 27th this year from SF on Royal Princess to Hawaii.  It was mid 40s on embarkation day.  It was in the 50s at sea for the first 3 days and windy.  We didn't really warm up until we arrived in Hawaii.  Then on the way back the temps dropped back down in the low 60s / upper 50s.  I didn't see many folks at the pools since it was so windy and cool.

I've started posting my videos of this Hawaii cruise on my YouTube channel if you're interested in what to expect on this cruise.  You can find the embarkation day video here:  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

We left March 27th this year from SF on Royal Princess to Hawaii.  It was mid 40s on embarkation day.  

The low was 42, but 61 was the high in SF that day. Sorry...I looked it up because if the high had been in the 40s, that would have been record, or near record cold day. We had a below average spring, but not that type of cold spring.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The low was 42, but 61 was the high in SF that day. Sorry...I looked it up because if the high had been in the 40s, that would have been record, or near record cold day. We had a below average spring, but not that type of cold spring.

Sorry, I was going off of the morning temps, not the daily high.  The morning was mid 40s and it was forecast for upper 50s or so.  Once onboard the ship I didn't check the weather.  All I can tell you is when we sailed away it was freaking freezing on the top deck.  I would rather have a "cold" SF spring any day compared to a "cold" Boston spring ;o)  

Edited by Teeara