Another weird question about Alaska cruisetours

Let me start by saying that I can't just call RCCL because dd is home with me and this is still a surprise. 

The cruisetour I booked for 2024 no longer shows available for the date I booked.   Only offers other dates. Do you think that means that specific cruisetour is sold out for my sail date?  I'm just more concerned the land portion is not eliminated altogether. 

Probably going to be a while before I have enough alone time to call. I was going to do a live chat but only got the "feedback " option. 

16 minutes ago, GJustice said:

If you booked it and got an invoice/receipt you SHOULD get some notification if it was cancelled. Probably just sold out (or sales limited to save some for onboard purchases)

That's what I'm assuming... and hoping (that it's sold out). 

27 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

Probably going to be a while before I have enough alone time to call.

Could always tell DD your stomach is bothering you and take a very long "bathroom break" to make a phone call. I'm guessing she'll stay away. 🙈

That said, I doubt it would be cancelled without notification.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Could always tell DD your stomach is bothering you and take a very long "bathroom break" to make a phone call. I'm guessing she'll stay away. 🙈

Not this kid. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

Let me start by saying that I can't just call RCCL because dd is home with me and this is still a surprise. 

The cruisetour I booked for 2024 no longer shows available for the date I booked.   Only offers other dates. Do you think that means that specific cruisetour is sold out for my sail date?  I'm just more concerned the land portion is not eliminated altogether. 

Probably going to be a while before I have enough alone time to call. I was going to do a live chat but only got the "feedback " option. 

Which cruisetour are you taking?  Only one of the cruisetours doesn't have an A and B version listed on the cruisetour site.  There is one tour that is offered in 2023 and not 2024 though.

https://www.royalcaribbeancruisetours.com/cruisetours/alaska/

44 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Which cruisetour are you taking?  Only one of the cruisetours doesn't have an A and B version listed on the cruisetour site.  There is one tour that is offered in 2023 and not 2024 though.

https://www.royalcaribbeancruisetours.com/cruisetours/alaska/

I want to say it was 1b. Definitely southbound cruise, land prior. Land portion would be June 18 I believe.  

12 hours ago, sadiwest said:

I want to say it was 1b. Definitely southbound cruise, land prior. Land portion would be June 18 I believe.  

I'm booked for that one as well-I noticed it has not been listed on the website any longer a few weeks ago, I'm sure its just sold out.

I see you are from east coast as well-are you flying out on Tues? With the long trip and 4 hour time change we were not looking forward to having to get up early on Wed (train leaves at about 8AM)

We are flying out Mon to get a full day before the land tour starts.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ngrund said:

I'm booked for that one as well-I noticed it has not been listed on the website any longer a few weeks ago, I'm sure its just sold out.

I see you are from east coast as well-are you flying out on Tues? With the long trip and 4 hour time change we were not looking forward to having to get up early on Wed (train leaves at about 8AM)

We are flying out Mon to get a full day before the land tour starts.

I booked us a couple extra nights in Anchorage.  I don't even know what day today is, but I am hoping to arrive there on the 16th. 

2 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

I booked us a couple extra nights in Anchorage.  I don't even know what day today is, but I am hoping to arrive there on the 16th. 

For the extra nights did you get them through Royal when booking the trip or someplace else on your own? I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask if we can get a reasonable rate to add the day.

Only been to Alaska once & did 10 days on land before sailing southbound on our own (with an outside company’s help). Highly recommend spending as much extra time on land as you can afford (budget & schedule wise).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ngrund said:

For the extra nights did you get them through Royal when booking the trip or someplace else on your own? I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask if we can get a reasonable rate to add the day.

I booked it on my own through Marriott (insanely expensive per night) just to have it booked. I can and will conact them again later to check on a better rate (although we're Platinum Elite Bonvoy and that makes zero difference).   Also just watching the calendar until I can book flights.  

11 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

I booked it on my own through Marriott (insanely expensive per night) just to have it booked. I can and will conact them again later to check on a better rate (although we're Platinum Elite Bonvoy and that makes zero difference).   Also just watching the calendar until I can book flights.  

Yep, crazy price now.

For flights, you should be able to book in about two weeks (Alaska Air's schedule is 331 days out)

14 minutes ago, ngrund said:

Yep, crazy price now.

For flights, you should be able to book in about two weeks (Alaska Air's schedule is 331 days out)

Nice  ty.   We have three airports within driving distance so it just a matter of ease in getting there and to park ot bot to park. 

Trying to snag the fewest flights possible.   I hate flying.  

11 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

Nice  ty.   We have three airports within driving distance so it just a matter of ease in getting there and to park ot bot to park. 

No matter what, at least 2 flights-here to SEA, SEA to ANC. At least coming home, I think you can get a non-stop Jetblue to Newark from Vancouver

18 minutes ago, ngrund said:

No matter what, at least 2 flights-here to SEA, SEA to ANC. At least coming home, I think you can get a non-stop Jetblue to Newark from Vancouver

We flew United when we did Alaska on Radiance with a cruise tour.  I didn't want to fly on regional jets, so was careful about the Alaska Air flights.  We flew BOS to DEN to ANC.  We did two days on our own in and around the Anchorage area before flying on Alaska Air from ANC to FAI since our cruise tour started in Fairbanks.

39 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

Yeah, Orlando to Fairbanks was fun to figure out. We had two very long travel days. Stopped in Minnesota on the way there and Chicago on way home from Vancouver (on a red eye). Got into Chicago around 5am and during the descent we thought we were hallucinating after an 18 day trip and very little sleep on the plane. We swore we heard meowing. Finally turned around and saw a girl behind us had a cat carrier, lol. He didn't make a sound the whole flight until then.

On 7/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, sadiwest said:

Sadi,

I called today re: adding a room before the tour-first time rep went to get me a quote, after being on hold for 20 minutes I got disconnected.

Called a little later, that rep said he had to transfer me to their hotel department, got disconnected as well. He did give me their phone number, which is just Royal/Priceline. When I called couldn't get past the main prompt without a reservation # for a room.

I have already tried to look at room rates for next June using the link on RCL's site-the Marriott calendar was only up to May. As much as I don't want to have to move, I'm probably going to book elsewhere for now-I'm seeing rates under $300, not going to pay almost $700 for the Marriott. (the difference is going to be much better spent on King Crab legs)***

***edited to add and Duck Fart shots

Edited by ngrund

2 hours ago, ngrund said:

Sadi,

I called today re: adding a room before the tour-first time rep went to get me a quote, after being on hold for 20 minutes I got disconnected.

Called a little later, that rep said he had to transfer me to their hotel department, got disconnected as well. He did give me their phone number, which is just Royal/Priceline. When I called couldn't get past the main prompt without a reservation # for a room.

I have already tried to look at room rates for next June using the link on RCL's site-the Marriott calendar was only up to May. As much as I don't want to have to move, I'm probably going to book elsewhere for now-I'm seeing rates under $300, not going to pay almost $700 for the Marriott. (the difference is going to be much better spent on King Crab legs)***

***edited to add and Duck Fart shots

I definitely don't blame you...it's insanely expensive.  The only reason I booked it was in the hopes of using points towards the room later, or knowing that Platinum Elite might get us perks that help defray some costs (breakfasts included etc). That, and Marriott is a familiar name.

That being said I have plenty of time to change it 😁

3 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

I definitely don't blame you...it's insanely expensive.  The only reason I booked it was in the hopes of using points towards the room later, or knowing that Platinum Elite might get us perks that help defray some costs (breakfasts included etc). That, and Marriott is a familiar name.

That being said I have plenty of time to change it 😁

I just booked Embassy Suites direct (Hilton brand), at least breakfast is included. Close enough to walk to a brew pub that we want to go to for dinner the first night.

• Like 1