Miraviglia ship excursions dilemma

EllieinNJ

Looking at some of the ship excursions for our cruise, some say there is a minimum number of participants.  Do most excursions reach this number?  I would hate to reserve an excursion in advance and then once on the ship find out it's cancelled because lack of interest.  On the other hand I would be disappointed if I waited to book on board and find out that it is sold out or prices are higher.  Any thoughts?

27 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Looking at some of the ship excursions for our cruise, some say there is a minimum number of participants.  Do most excursions reach this number?  I would hate to reserve an excursion in advance and then once on the ship find out it's cancelled because lack of interest.  On the other hand I would be disappointed if I waited to book on board and find out that it is sold out or prices are higher.  Any thoughts?

Most excursions have enough people sign up.  Of the 6-7 excursions I have booked through MSC, only one was canceled due to not enough people signing up. It was to Kennedy Space Center for Back to Back cruisers, so a limited number of passengers (200 or so) taking the B2B and needed 25 for the excursion. 

Prices will be 15-20% higher onboard compared to booking prior to sailing, from my experience. If you see a ship excursion that you really want to do, I would book before you sail, but have a back-up plan in the rare case that it is canceled.

• Thanks 1

I've been on several msc provided excursions - probably about 10 now. One was cancelled (no reason given) but it wasn't lack of participants- but plenty of warning was given. I've found them relatively well organised and when I've done a quick price comparison with other sites the pre booking price is often pretty similar.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2023 at 9:06 AM, EllieinNJ said:

Actually have had several cancelled over the years but they are not your average ones. Flight seeing, Scuba, and even Zipline are some examples.

• Thanks 1