New to MSC and Questions Galore!

alexmom

I have so many questions that I barely know where to start!

I'm cruising with my son's former fiancé, who we both maintain friendship with, and she's a dancing queen.  I know that there's going to be a White Night dance party but I was wondering about other special events.  We are only on the 3 night cruise to Ocean Cay.

Bella has also been known to do the karaoke thing if given the chance ; ) and I wonder if the Seaside has that option?

She is also allergic to alcohol (it's a real thing, Google it) so we will be getting the non-alcoholic beverage package, but we are both coffee drinkers and wonder if my dry cappuccino or Americano and her lattes are included, or it there's a coffee card we can purchase like on Princess.

We are both curious about what the menus are on such a short cruise.  Is there a formal night?  Where would I find this information?  Are there any themed events on a 3 night cruise?  

It's been AGES since I've been on CC and it looks and feels really different from pre-Covid.  I sure hope people are as helpful as they were back then!

warm regards,

Kristine

17 hours ago, alexmom said:

I have so many questions that I barely know where to start!

I'm cruising with my son's former fiancé, who we both maintain friendship with, and she's a dancing queen.  I know that there's going to be a White Night dance party but I was wondering about other special events.  We are only on the 3 night cruise to Ocean Cay.

Bella has also been known to do the karaoke thing if given the chance ; ) and I wonder if the Seaside has that option?

She is also allergic to alcohol (it's a real thing, Google it) so we will be getting the non-alcoholic beverage package, but we are both coffee drinkers and wonder if my dry cappuccino or Americano and her lattes are included, or it there's a coffee card we can purchase like on Princess.

We are both curious about what the menus are on such a short cruise.  Is there a formal night?  Where would I find this information?  Are there any themed events on a 3 night cruise?  

It's been AGES since I've been on CC and it looks and feels really different from pre-Covid.  I sure hope people are as helpful as they were back then!

warm regards,

Kristine

On a 3 night, white nights is probably the biggest one.

There are no more formal nights fleetwide.

You can purchase coffee.

Biggest thing I can tell you is to use a travel agent. If you booked direct, transfer it to one.

This company has the worst customer service and it. If you have an issue, the TA can fix it.

Great product though.

Hey @alexmom.

You'll not go hungry. Menus are varied and there's an "always available options" too.

There'll probably be a white night on your cruise but unlikely to be a gala night. 

Contrary to what @mscdivina2016 says the service experience other passengers have really isn't that bad. So up to you to use a Travel agent or not. 

Even without a gala night (elegant night on MSC), there will be plenty of dancing opportunities every night, probably in several bars and if weather permits on the top deck as well. There are also several dancing classes daily, but don't expert too much of it. Its fun, its exercise, but how much of a dance can you really learn in 30-45 min.?

I haven't seen any karaoke on my MSC cruises, although I might not remember correctly (I would have avoided it anyway).

The 'easy' drink package includes basic coffees: black (most comparable to an americano I guess), cappuccino, espresso and latte. If you want your cappuccino to be dry, just ask for it, I'm sure they'll want to be of help.

10 hours ago, sealynx said:

Even without a gala night (elegant night on MSC), there will be plenty of dancing opportunities every night, probably in several bars and if weather permits on the top deck as well. There are also several dancing classes daily, but don't expert too much of it. Its fun, its exercise, but how much of a dance can you really learn in 30-45 min.?

I haven't seen any karaoke on my MSC cruises.

Have you been on this ship or a sister ship? The only real dancing area on this ship will be the Garage much later in the evening.

You are correct that they teach useless lessons that are not even correct, but a vacation version.

My Splendida cruise this past May had karaoke and I believe the Meraviglia also in the TV lounge.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:10 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Have you been on this ship or a sister ship? The only real dancing area on this ship will be the Garage much later in the evening.

You are correct that they teach useless lessons that are not even correct, but a vacation version.

My Splendida cruise this past May had karaoke and I believe the Meraviglia also in the TV lounge.

I've guessing they'll be on Seaside. Then you can dance earlier in the Haven Bar, opposite side of the ship on the same deck, live music & dancing every evening. And the Atrium is a fav. dancing spot for many. I'm not sure about the Piazza Grande, there might be a dance floor.