Parking for Iona

bubsie

2 hours ago, bubsie said:

Thanks all - have checked the holiday extras site but they are quoting £231-£384 which is a lot as we only live 70 miles away and so really don't need a hotel. 

Currently the West Quay or Ocean Village multi-storeys seem to be our best bet- we are thinking we will get there early and try and get a space, if they are full then we'll go to the airport and try there. Not my first choice, I'd definitely rather have used one of the companies you guys have recommended but none of the big names seem to have any spaces left. 

We have definitely learnt our lesson and will book early if we sail from Southampton again! 

Have you seen what a private car transfer would cost and leave your own car at home. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Portsecurity82 said:

CPS, Penguin parking , Azure parking are the best to park with.  Iona only docks at Ocean terminal.  

You mentioned Azure, are they the same as Cruise Azure and if so have you used them?

We were in the same position as the OP in Jan 23, everything was full or very expensive. We had used Penguin when they were in Marchwood but since they moved the price rocketed. Cruise Azure was offering a meet & greet but since they had only been in existence since Nov 21 and only had mobile numbers red lights flashed. I asked on this forum if anyone had used them or heard any reports and the silence was deafening. So I thought better of handing my car over to a stranger.  So it would be nice to hear of peoples experiences?

On 7/11/2023 at 9:25 PM, bubsie said:

Thanks so much for all the advice. We are 5-12 August so it seems that Penguin, Parking4cruises, CPS and Portside Meet and Greet are all fully booked. I can't seem to find a dedicated Triangle site - it takes me to something called Cruise Parking Ltd which doesn't look right?  We don't need a hotel the night before as we are only around 70 miles away,

I have messed up here and clearly should have booked months ago but I just didn't realise as we have always done fly cruises before. Looks like our options are pre-booking someone's driveway via Just Park, chancing West Quay shopping centre or doing a bit of research and maybe trying Airlynx or Cruise Parking Ltd if I can find out if they are reputable.

Thanks so much for all the advice, you're all so helpful! 

As a local yes you are ok with airllynx, they are now at woolston, as for cruise parking yep part of holiday extras, they will put you to airlynx or port parking.

15 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

As a local yes you are ok with airllynx, they are now at woolston, as for cruise parking yep part of holiday extras, they will put you to airlynx or port parking.

Parking for cruises?  Check cruise parking as these are the ones linked to many linked sights!  Airllynx is recommended, deal with them daily and allocate certain parking for them too 

1 hour ago, Portsecurity82 said:

Parking for cruises?  Check cruise parking as these are the ones linked to many linked sights!  Airllynx is recommended, deal with them daily and allocate certain parking for them too 

Companys trying to use NCP. as cruise parking have now been stopped.

7 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Good news - who did you end up with?

We managed to get in with CPS in the end. Turns out that if you go straight to their website it says they are fully booked unless you have a voucher from P&O (which we don't), but if you are in the P&O site and click on parking and access it that way they have spaces! Expensive but as it's our first time out of Southampton we decided to go with it. Thanks so much for all the advice, next time we will be much more organised with this! 15 days to go......😃

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Lizzylou600 said:

Hi Bubsie did you book via AeroPark in the end or has anyone else booked with this company and received a parking penalty notice from the Mercure Hotel Southampton? 

Not used them personally but a friend cancelled a booking with them following this thread and another on parking appearing.  Unfortunately Parkopeadia no longer link to them so I have a horrible feeling about this.

I'm afraid that the sister company the link took you to when booking has a string of negative  Trustpilot reviews through July and August for cruise passengers having multiple parking fines.  Sorry to hear of your problems.

• 1 month later...

Do not use Aeropark Southampton. They are using residents parking in Southampton such as at Centenary Quay, Ocean Village etc without any resident consultation or agreement for the flats/houses they have purchased or rented.

Generally they are causing a nuisance to locals with constant mini-busses and people wandering around. I have heard about cars being damaged as retribution or the parking enforcement issuing tickets/fines so I would strongly suggest avoiding!