Which port would make the best beach day for Grandma, PV, or Mazatlan?

jdkdkdsd

Thank you for all your previous suggestions and answers! I've read the pertinent posts on the last 5 pages to choose which port would be the best for a beach day for my mom.  We going on a family cruise with all 5 of her children, their spouses and most of her grands.  We are not all doing the same excursions, but may combine activities at times.  She does not use a mobility device, but can't walk long distances without a break.  So far I'm considering taking a taxi or maybe a pulmonia to a resort beach in PV or a pulmonia to the ferry to Stone Island in Mazatlan and probably another pulmonia to the beach. Other family members are going to Stone Island, so that is preferred, but I'm not sure of the transportation and walking involved and the availability of beach chairs and umbrellas. Which would you recommend and why? TIA

Stone Island:  pulmonia(s) to take everyone from the Cruise Passenger Terminal to the ferry, no problem.  But none on the Stone Island side.  There is transportation but I’ve only walked to the restaurants and beach.

PV:  cabs to Las Muertes Beach very easy.

Either of these is a good beach day!  Sorry I can’t give either of them a bigger thumbs up than the other —equally good!  Cabo is my biggest thumbs up for a beach day.  Medano Beach via water cab after visiting the Arch.

• Like 2

We prefer Stone island to Medano beach ..but for someone with mobility issues , there is a bit of rocky area to get to the beach and then it can be a bit of a walk to get to wherever you want to settle down. Not to mention, the water taxi is a bit rickety to get in and out of

• Like 1

I agree with pinto18.  The ferry boat is very rickety.  The walk from the drop off point over to the Stone Island beach area is not close and not an easy walk, parts of it are very rocky.  Maybe we took the wrong path?  I had sandals on and thought I might twist my ankle walking across the rocks. I really had to watch where I put my foot down.  It's not crazy difficult but depending on one's age, etc, I would be careful.  Water taxi to Medano beach...good luck getting out of the boat and onto the beach.  The waves can really toss the taxi boat around and trying to crawl out of the boat via ladder, well let's say I have been banged up.  We once just walked to Medano beach but won't do that again, too far.  Take a taxi.  Medano beach seemed to me to be more roudy.  Stone Island was very peaceful and pleasant.  Had a good time at both.  Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

If you’re concerned about mobility issues, then I would suggest taking a taxi to either the Marriott or Westin in Puerto Vallarta.  One can take the free shuttle from the ship to the port building, hop on a taxi and then be dropped off directly at the resorts.  Both of these resorts in PV have great pool areas.  One does have access to the beach but walking on sand could be an issue!

• Like 1