8 PM Sail Away, When are cabins ready?

First time on NCL and we are departing from NYC. Our Sail time is 8 PM and from what I understand, boarding will begin around 3 PM. I've only cruised with earlier boarding times and 4 pm sail away times and on those cruises the cabins were ready around 1PM. What time do you think we could expect cabins to be ready with this later boarding and departure time?

I also just noticed that this is the first trip out of NYC after repositioning from Miami. The cruise before this ends in Miami on August 20 then this one goes out on the 22nd. Do they do some kind of specialty repo cruise or just send it up to NY empty? There is nothing on their website for those 2 days. I'm guessing that has something to do with the late departure time. No inkling as to when it actually arrives in NY. 

Edited by HappyGirl1959

The Escape will sail from Miami to New York City with crew only.  My guess is She should arrive about 8 A.M.

For this cruise, I would hope that cabins will be ready by the time boarding will begin.

Late departure time depends on the currents in the Hudson River and the tide flows.  Need low tide to go under the Bridge.

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

The Escape will sail from Miami to New York City with crew only.  My guess is She should arrive about 8 A.M.

For this cruise, I would hope that cabins will be ready by the time boarding will begin.

Late departure time depends on the currents in the Hudson River and the tide flows.  Need low tide to go under the Bridge.

I was kind of hoping with a later boarding time that the cabins would be ready but I wasn't sure if NCL does some type of specialty cruise that isn't advertised and   may have passengers disembarking that morning.  Thanks!

When ships reposition from Miami to New York, the ship always sails empty with crew only.  there is no special cruise and no passengers. This is due to various laws and regulations that requires a ship with passengers to stop at a foreign port of call when sailing between US ports

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

When ships reposition from Miami to New York, the ship always sails empty with crew only.  there is no special cruise and no passengers. This is due to various laws and regulations that requires a ship with passengers to stop at a foreign port of call when sailing between US ports

Make sense. I'm new to NCL and most of the other repo cruises that I've seen seem to be longer cruises that stop somewhere else to satisfy those laws, but this is understandable. I've seen other lines with "unavailable dates"  because they are set up for some type of corporate cruise or a members only/specialty thing not available to the general public. I was wondering about this one because it's only 2 days. Thanks for the info! 

Edited by HappyGirl1959