Entertainment Cutback Concerns and Real Disappointment

cusematt4

25 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i think the point that some may be missing in these recent posts is that it is indeed legitimate to wonder what sort of entertainment may be on your cruise in six months… or a year down the road. after all, folks who booked the joy, for instance, for a november cruise this year were expecting to see “footloose.” and that won’t be happening. while entertainment - like ports -  is not guaranteed, there is an expectation that if something is eliminated, it will be replaced with comparable entertainment. that no longer seems to be the case.

most folks here have shared recent experiences with a fully booked entertainment schedule which still represents the old NCL; the phase out of some of the larger stage shows has only just begun. what we’re promised in the future is fewer large scale stage shows, fewer broadway-style presentations… and lots of solo performers, with duos and trios in the lounges. it would not surprise me one bit to find a literal one-man band onboard, using synthesizers and supplemented by additional recorded vocal and music tracks. hell, maybe they could buy a bunch of animatronics from chuck-e-cheese and not have any human performers at all.

what time do you go to bed?

most of the outlandish behavior - and the yelling and screaming and puking and fighting and the running through the halls naked - occurs from 10 pm or so till about 4 in the morning.

it would seem that many go on cruises primarily to drink and these folks far exceed the amount of liquor they normally consume on land… every day of the cruise… presumably because it’s “free” and they’re on vacation and they paid a lot of money for their fare and, gosh darn it, they’re gonna drink as much as they can to get their money’s worth.

i always see excessive drinking onboard.

The passengers on the Joy in February didnt seem to be the type that would do that. Lots of families and older people.  I agree that type of behavior is disgusting. Is there an equivalent of the airline's "No Fly List"  Another option is to go to bed before midnight. Or at least retreat to your cabin.

Syd Norman / Parenting Question:

My kiddo is 14, but is a 70s - 90s "soul". He's been humming and dancing to Grateful Dead, Phish, Devo, Queen et al since before he could talk (eclectic, right?). Syd's is a small venue but Ronan would absolutely eat up the music. I can't find anywhere online if there is an age minimum - many of the bars on NCL ships the kids can sit with the parents just not at the physical bar. As Syd's is "enclosed", am not sure if we can go as a family. 

We know it's crowded and don't mind standing for performances but am not sure if it's appropriate or allowed. We never went to Syd's when we were on the Getaway in April and am regretting it after seeing all of the amazing raves. 

Million Dollar Quartet is tied with Choir of Men for our favorite show at sea and we truly love the "big theater" shows. Kiddo is excited to see the current Choir cast, but I know he would love to go to the smaller Syd's venue as well. 

Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Warmest Amy