Where to Check In & Which Terminal We'll Return To

SSBrickNJ

There are three cruise terminals in Copenhagen Denmark....

https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/planning/transportation-cruise-terminals

#1 Which one should my wife and I plan to arrive at for our Aug. 2nd Nieuw Statendam cruise?

#2 Would it be safe to assume that whichever one we leave from, the ship will return there as well? 

Edited by SSBrickNJ

Almost all Holland America cruises that originate or end in Copenhagen dock at Oceankaj (Ocean Quay). The other cruise terminals do not have the facilities to handle embarkation or debarkation of large cruise ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ship departs and returns to Oceankaj. On the quay we will be moored at C331 on the 2ng Aug and will be moored at C332 when we return on 9th August. Both moorings feed into the same Oceankaj terminal.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, colbe said:

The ship departs and returns to Oceankaj. On the quay we will be moored at C331 on the 2ng Aug and will be moored at C332 when we return on 9th August. Both moorings feed into the same Oceankaj terminal.

Well that's great info.

I'm guessing that upon arrival, there is only one building to report to for check in? I couldn't get it wrong?

48 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Well that's great info.

I'm guessing that upon arrival, there is only one building to report to for check in? I couldn't get it wrong?

There are three cruise terminal buildings one for each of the cruise ship docks. If you leaving from C331, you check in at Terminal 1; if C332, then terminal 2; … The terminals are in a row and should have some indication which ship is at which dock. You may be be able to see which cruise ship is which terminal, as they tower over the low terminal building.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dfilpus said:

There are three cruise terminal buildings one for each of the cruise ship docks. If you leaving from C331, you check in at Terminal 1; if C332, then terminal 2; … The terminals are in a row and should have some indication which ship is at which dock. You may be be able to see which cruise ship is which terminal, as they tower over the low terminal building.

Thank you again. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an unsolicited email from a HAL Cruise Consultant who had a standard greeting...but also asked if I had any last minute questions.

Wow! I like that. I'm a Royal Caribbean loyalist but they never did that.

I asked about the C331 (Terminal 1) location and he confirmed that you correct! 

Great job! 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 5:13 PM, SSBrickNJ said:

Thank you again. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an unsolicited email from a HAL Cruise Consultant who had a standard greeting...but also asked if I had any last minute questions.

Wow! I like that. I'm a Royal Caribbean loyalist but they never did that.

I asked about the C331 (Terminal 1) location and he confirmed that you correct! 

Great job! 🙂 

All has been quiet from HAL recently regarding Nieuw Statendam. Still coming into Terminal one?

1 hour ago, SSBrickNJ said:

All has been quiet from HAL recently regarding Nieuw Statendam. Still coming into Terminal one?

They probably aren't going to make a specific point of telling you which terminal they will be at. As you approach the area, it's very obvious what ship is at which dock. Kind of hard to hide it.

• Like 1

• My boarding pass for Aug 9 NS says Ocean Quay….as I recall, there are large signs and the taxi drivers were very good about getting us (17 of us…..grandparents, kids and spouses and 9 grandkids!) to the terminal!  

IMG_0011.jpeg

Edited by Avery's Gram
Photo loaded wrong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry…I can’t figure out how to rotate this or why it’s upside down, but those are the 9 grandkids just before we left Copenhagen.  It was the summer before Covid, so we thought we’d have lots more trips with them……I’m so glad we grabbed the opportunity instead of waiting for that mythical “someday” !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avery's Gram said:
  • My boarding pass for Aug 9 NS says Ocean Quay….as I recall, there are large signs and the taxi drivers were very good about getting us (17 of us…..grandparents, kids and spouses and 9 grandkids!) to the terminal!  

IMG_0011.jpeg

Great. Thanks very much😉

Our 7 day cruise is completed.  We are in Copengagen Airport waiting to board our first if two flights to get back to Philadelphia. The taxi to the port and the taxi upon return went well. Future travelers need not worry. When we debarked there were many taxi queued and available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1