Ft Lauderdale Embassy Suites

Maryintwin

Has anyone recently stayed here? It is my understanding that this hotel was recently undergoing major renovations. I have tried calling the hotel to ask about the current status and when I call I am referred to a person that doesn't seem to exist because I have yet to speak with her...

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Stayed there in January, 2006. The hotel is undergoing renovation -- two floors were out of commission. I don't know how many rooms/floors they have finished. We stayed in an unrenovated room. This is the second time we have stayed there during a renovation and we would stay again. The only things that affected us were the restaurant was not very good -- think that will change after the renovation. You can go to lots of other, better restaurants that are nearby. I wanted to go to 15th Street fisheries or Bimini Boatyard but DH was too tired from driving down to go anywhere. Also during the day, the elevators are slow because of the renovation. The room was fine, the happy hour and breakfast were fine. The front desk was fine.

I stayed there in Dec. with Hilton points. Do not pay a lot for this hotel. They are still fixing it, it is in a good location however. The rooms needed renovation are worn at best. Stay here only if you get a really good rate.

I'd agree. We stayed in Dec/2005 using points. Happy hour was sad compared to other Embassy Suites properties.:confused: Breakfast was same as others and very nice. In addition to renovations, they were doing repairs from hurricane damage. Very convenient as is close to the airport and port, with good restaurants within walking distance, plus a Publix grocery close for supplies :D

We are booked here for April.I recently emailed customer service through their website, and they stated that the renovations were 1/2 way complete. I requested a renovated suite for our stay, and they put that request in for me, and said to make sure when checking in that I bring this to their attention.It is of course,depending on availability when checking in, but they were quick in responding and very accommodating.For a one night pre-cruise stay, I think it is a great location,with many choices for dining very close, and shops to pick up last minute items.

DD and I stayed there in Dec. We had an older room....ask for a room up high (as those have been renovated), preferably one that faces the water, as I understand you can see the ships entering and leaving the harbor

LHC

When we stayed there in Jan., we were on the 3rd floor. Our room was not renovated -- they must be working down. We got the room at the last minute using points and had to settle for a smoking room. It was not that bad (smelled smokey) but would not have paid $250 for the room.

Archived