HAL and Flightease

Ellencruise

Used HAL and Flightease for upcoming trip. Being offered upgrade from Delta but can’t get upgrade because I have booking through HAL and Flightease. Asked TA for help and she couldn’t get it approved either. Anyone have advice or experience with this dilemma?

I use American. Once my fare  is paid and ticketed I can manage it through the app including upgrades.  Usually it is paid and ticketed about 30 days out.  I am currently in the same predicament, if you learn anything please let me know 

if you are further out I don’t think flightease can/will help.  I noticed this statement on flightease “Please contact airline to purchase premium seat”  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I use American. Once my fare  is paid and ticketed I can manage it through the app including upgrades.  Usually it is paid and ticketed about 30 days out.  I am currently in the same predicament, if you learn anything please let me know 

if you are further out I don’t think flightease can/will help.  I noticed this statement on flightease “Please contact airline to purchase premium seat”  

I’m 11 days out. Delta agent couldn’t get upgrade to go through

I'm stuck in a loop - FE says contact American for seat assignments and upgrades, American says call FE. I usually can manage everything through American Advantage app once the booking shows in my portal, but not this one.

Used FE for April/May flights and did not have this problem. 

Have you confirmed if it is ticketed, even a 11 days out, it might now be. I have also seen where depending on the Rate Code  FE booked under it may not be eligible for doing an upgrade Paid or not. This close to the flight FW is not going to help upgrade you with out charging you a big penalty. Unfortunately it has always been that way depending on the code they booked it under. It is a hit or miss. One time I had it and the upsell offer from the Airline went right through, another time it showed on the app but would not go through and I was told it was how FE booked it. I even tried at the airport and they would not budge even though there were FC seats available and I was willing to pay. The airline claims depending on this code they cannot see the price of the ticket so there was no way for me to pay the difference.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Have you confirmed if it is ticketed, even a 11 days out, it might now be. I have also seen where depending on the Rate Code  FE booked under it may not be eligible for doing an upgrade Paid or not. This close to the flight FW is not going to help upgrade you with out charging you a big penalty. Unfortunately it has always been that way depending on the code they booked it under. It is a hit or miss. One time I had it and the upsell offer from the Airline went right through, another time it showed on the app but would not go through and I was told it was how FE booked it. I even tried at the airport and they would not budge even though there were FC seats available and I was willing to pay. The airline claims depending on this code they cannot see the price of the ticket so there was no way for me to pay the difference.

That’s what I’m thinking about the situation too.” Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t”. If only the two internet worlds would get together. Oh well, lesson learned. But I’ll still try at check in

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, floridababa said:

I think us airlines are better with seat selection.  We just had  an incident where I selected seats with the airlines  but then when we paid in full we had no seat assigned. Very frustrating!!!

Did you book this with Flight Ease?

I booked a flight to Auckland to pick up the Noordam next spring using Air New Zealand, and Flight Ease let me select the seats.  It was an excellent fare. 

But I have a fear that if we wait to pay until December, maybe the seats will be taken away and given to someone willing to pay more?  When you are over 6'6" tall, economy seat spacing on a long flight is not an option.  For me, that would be torture and the idea gives me nightmares (literally, not figuratively).

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else when using Flight Ease and delaying the payment?

1 hour ago, DTtravelers said:

Did you book this with Flight Ease?

I booked a flight to Auckland to pick up the Noordam next spring using Air New Zealand, and Flight Ease let me select the seats.  It was an excellent fare. 

But I have a fear that if we wait to pay until December, maybe the seats will be taken away and given to someone willing to pay more?  When you are over 6'6" tall, economy seat spacing on a long flight is not an option.  For me, that would be torture and the idea gives me nightmares (literally, not figuratively).

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else when using Flight Ease and delaying the payment?

Have you gone onto the Air NZ site and checked prices there? If you book direct you have complete control of your booking. Do check prices for Premium Economy. 

Also check where the seats are that Flight Ease have assigned to you. If it is a bulkhead bassinet (baby) row then you could get moved if a family book between now and departure.