Chair Hogs reign on Spirit!

texanaust

5 minutes ago, Redrob123 said:

I was on Spirit for 28 days in December and walk very early in the morning when the pool guys are putting chairs out.  The worst offenders are the pool guys who put the towels and books on particular double loungers. The same books stay in the bar area and just moved to chair every morning when they set up.

So the pool guys are in on it?  They must be getting a generous "tip" on the first day to do that for certain guests?

7 minutes ago, Redrob123 said:

I was on Spirit for 28 days in December and walk very early in the morning when the pool guys are putting chairs out.  The worst offenders are the pool guys who put the towels and books on particular double loungers. The same books stay in the bar area and just moved to chair every morning when they set up.

Me thinks, follow the Benjamin's!!

9 minutes ago, Redrob123 said:

They should be fired on the spot.

6 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

They should be fired on the spot.

That was my initial reaction too.  But are they violating any rule or procedure?

If I come aboard ship and go straight to the bartender at my favorite bar onboard, and I hand him a $100 bill and say "Be a good lad and make me a gin & tonic whenever I come into the bar", I don't think anyone would think it's a firing offense to accept the tip, would we?  Even though what I am doing is essentially paying him to let me cut any lines and get a drink immediately.

Now, if there is a ship rule that says you aren't allowed to reserve deck chairs for passengers, or you aren't allowed to make drinks on a "first come, first served" basis, then I would agree, fire them.

If the on board officers and or corporate management  wanted the problem resolved it would be done

they know what needs to be done and not doing it  and looks like nothing will be until a incident

causes change

• Like 4