Water included?

bones774

US booking: Fantastica experience or up will get you bottled mineral water at the MDR.

This is what received at no cost every time we dined in the MDR - breakfast, lunch and dinner.  We took any leftover water to our cabin.

614604FD-CFF8-4735-AA61-9E388A258F41.jpeg

6 minutes ago, 4sallypat said:

US booking: Fantastica experience or up will get you bottled mineral water at the MDR.

This is what received at no cost every time we dined in the MDR - breakfast, lunch and dinner.  We took any leftover water to our cabin.

614604FD-CFF8-4735-AA61-9E388A258F41.jpeg

Thats great news to hear, I am Fantastica. My previous MSC cruises i did just as you say, i had stock of  water. It used to be printed on contract, water included, this contract has no mention of water

Edited by bones774

29 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Thats great news to hear, I am Fantastica. My previous MSC cruises i did just as you say, i had stock of  water. It used to be printed on contract, water included, this contract has no mention of water

Bottled mineral water was printed out on my contract - May 2023 - Mediterranean cruise:

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.02.56 AM.png

4 minutes ago, 4sallypat said:

Bottled mineral water was printed out on my contract - May 2023 - Mediterranean cruise:

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.02.56 AM.png

yeah, that's what i was looking for and i don't have it. I can try and call MSC but we know what that is like, ugh. thanks for your effort.

My contract states "Fantastica, choice of cabin plus additional benefits" 

Edited by bones774

27 minutes ago, bones774 said:

That also states , "all non-Caribbean canvas", i'm doing carib cruise.

MSC drives you crazy!

Interesting that Carribean cruises are not included.

So I'm planning on a Japan - Korea - Okinawa trip on MSC Bellissima - hope water is included as when we sailed the Mediterranean....

I investigated this whole "water with meals issue" last I sailed with MSC (which was pre-Covid) so this may have changed since, but apparently serving water is not traditional in Europe and since MSC is European in nature, this is not something they normally do.  However, because water is expected to be served automatically in North America, they provide complimentary bottled water only to American, Canadian, and British passengers in European sailings (apparently they do not carry water pitchers there).  They have water pitchers in U.S. departing cruises, so they use that in Caribbean sailings for all passengers.

1 hour ago, dns20 said:

I investigated this whole "water with meals issue" last I sailed with MSC (which was pre-Covid) so this may have changed since, but apparently serving water is not traditional in Europe and since MSC is European in nature, this is not something they normally do.  However, because water is expected to be served automatically in North America, they provide complimentary bottled water only to American, Canadian, and British passengers in European sailings (apparently they do not carry water pitchers there).  They have water pitchers in U.S. departing cruises, so they use that in Caribbean sailings for all passengers.

Needless to say, bottles would be preferable. Thanks

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Why?

On any other US cruiseline, MDR would serve tap water unless the passenger purchased bottles.

You're correct. I've just been used to MSC providing either still or gas, as the waiters say.

On 7/16/2023 at 12:44 AM, 4sallypat said:

Interesting that Carribean cruises are not included.

So I'm planning on a Japan - Korea - Okinawa trip on MSC Bellissima - hope water is included as when we sailed the Mediterranean....

You're good to go, cruises booked through MSC USA get free bottled water in MDR for Japan-departing cruises. 👍