Cheers Package - Prebuying 10% off gone?

angelhelly

1 minute ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

You're falling into the same trap too... wanting to take "take off" a certain percentage from the on-board pricing.  Nowhere does Carnival say 10% off.  "save 10%" implies there is a 10% difference... not 10% off.

Your own post from Tuesday showed a Carnival link saying "Save up to 10% off", so I used the same language. Are you implying someone buying a $10 item for $5 is saving 100%? Because no one would construe it that way.

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Tips being $16 a day, you're effectively getting your 15 drinks a day for $44 with wifi thrown in for free. Though to be fair the Princess cruise will probably cost you more than Carnival to start with.

For the 60 per day you pay on Princess, it would cost just over 100 on Carnival between Cheers (pre paid), plus Cheers tips, cabin gratuity and wifi.  It's about a 600.00 savings per couple for a 7 day cruise.  So even if the base fare was 200 more pp, you're still saving 200 per couple. You forgot that the drink tips are included on Princess and additional with Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

For the 60 per day you pay on Princess, it would cost just over 100 on Carnival between Cheers (pre paid), plus Cheers tips, cabin gratuity and wifi.  It's about a 600.00 savings per couple for a 7 day cruise.  So even if the base fare was 200 more pp, you're still saving 200 per couple. You forgot that the drink tips are included on Princess and additional with Cheers.

When I returned to cruising in 2018 I priced out Carnival versus Princess to make a decision on a short coastal cruise.  Princess won because of the difference in Internet (Carnival has multiple plans) and my opinion that Princess included more ‘extras’ like desserts, casual dining, etc in the cost of the fare.  Of course this was before plus.  I still think Princess is a better value even with the changes.  The drink packages on other lines are cost prohibitive for someone who doesn’t drink much and I appreciate that Princess does not charge gratuity on the packages.  

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, ngrund said:

Every once in a while there will be $500 OBC given when you book, the ones I've seen are  when you book very early. I have a Celebration cruise for this Nov, when I booked it last June they gave us $500 OBC

I just booked on Carnival Sunshine for April 2025 and only got a $50 OBC.  SMH

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SunshineMom68 said:

OBC mainly depends on what offer code you book under. Some are better than others but its not like they pull a dollar amount out of a hat at booking. 

1 hour ago, SunshineMom68 said:

Yep, but what was your fare? I just looked at the 8 day in a balcony cabin @ $2800, I think that is reasonable.