On the JOY from NY to Bermuda 7/16-7/23

T BYRD

Hi T Byrd

Welcome home. 

Looking forward to having a great time on the Joy in 3 weeks' time. 

Did you go to any of the comedy shows and how does that work with reserving in advance?

Thank you

We went to one 18+ show.

We had a blast! 
Joe was great! 

Our concierge got us reservations. 

I would definitely recommend that you plan ahead. 
The “stand-by” line was wicked long!!

Pier 90 and 88 both have parking on the top that are accessed from the same “LEVEL 3” service road. Just follow the signs. 

Make a reservation! Free cancellation up to the scheduled time of arrival 👍

On their website, you choose your Ship and date and it will tell you what pier to park at. (The parking attendants will direct you also)

We chose a 9:30 check-in time slot. 
Entering the Cruise terminal access road off of The Hudson River Greenway

(Rt. 9A)@ 8:45am, I dropped my fellow cruisers and baggage off on LEVEL 2 then exiting the access road, made the reverse direction loop back onto the Greenway (Rt. 9A),

re-entered the access road, then took the ramp up to the parking area on top of Pier 88 (LEVEL 3)

The attendant up there was directing traffic onto pier 90 first, then around the lot, and back out onto the service road to get to pier 88.  I believe this was done to control the flow of traffic better. 

There were plenty of open spots 👍

Hope this helps 😊

Edited by T BYRD
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, T BYRD said:

Pier 90 and 88 both have parking on the top that are accessed from the same “LEVEL 3” service road. Just follow the signs. 

Make a reservation! Free cancellation up to the scheduled time of arrival 👍

On their website, you choose your Ship and date and it will tell you what pier to park at. (The parking attendants will direct you also)

We chose a 9:30 check-in time slot. 
Entering the Cruise terminal access road off of The Hudson River Greenway

(Rt. 9A)@ 8:45am, I dropped my fellow cruisers and baggage off on LEVEL 2 then exiting the access road, made the reverse direction loop back onto the Greenway (Rt. 9A),

re-entered the access road, then took the ramp up to the parking area on top of Pier 88 (LEVEL 3)

The attendant up there was directing traffic onto pier 90 first, then around the lot, and back out onto the service road to get to pier 88.  I believe this was done to control the flow of traffic better. 

There were plenty of open spots 👍

Hope this helps 😊

I think they mention for you to park WITH your bags but I was thinking like you. The note said you can't get to the lot if you drop bags first but I would just go around. 

Is it a far walk if you had the bags? Thx

That depends…. 
The pier is as long as the ship, so if you park waaaaay down on the end then it’ll be over 1000ft to the elevator!!

That would be a bad way to start your cruise if it was pouring rain 🫤

I took my time and waited for a spot next to the entrance. 

Not sure if it’s frowned upon to post external links on this forum but…

NYCRUISE dot COM is the site to reserve a spot at the actual cruise terminal lot.  Other sites only direct you to close-by lots. 

On 7/22/2023 at 7:26 PM, T BYRD said:

Last special dining dinner tonight…

we decided on The Q.  
The food was great!!  We all got different stuff off of the menu and shared it. 
The smoked peach ‘Rita was good. 

The only spot I found Shiner Bock, 

Live acoustic Country tunes by Julia Hatfield were really amazing!   Check her out next time on the Joy 😎

Can you comment on how long your meal took, reservation time, entertainment start time?  We have an early 5:30pm reservation and I believe entertainment may be 6:30-7:15.  Thanks! 

14 minutes ago, josephine678 said:

Ahh the pier just opened up parking reservations for my cruise. NY Cruise says 12pm?? Just to confirm you can arrive earlier?

I did not think they took reservations for the parking at the pier.  Is this new?

1 hour ago, josephine678 said:

apparently. I have been cruising out of New York for many years. This is the first time I heard of it. Terminal told me not accepting reservations for my cruise. And now I see there are. 

55 minutes ago, maketime4cruisin said:

It seems like they limit it up to 2 weeks out. I kept trying to reserve for my cruise, and just a little under 2 weeks out i was able to book 

Thank you both for this information.   

I made the reservation. But still don't get how they will manage this. Unless they have a section just for parking reservatons. I'm tired of worring about it. I don't usually cruise in the middle of summer with such a large ship and another in port. Just hope for best. 

9 hours ago, Railfan30 said:

Can you comment on how long your meal took, reservation time, entertainment start time?  We have an early 5:30pm reservation and I believe entertainment may be 6:30-7:15.  Thanks! 

We had a 5:30pm reservation as well. 
Table service was what I consider normal… drinks in 5 minutes… apps in 20…. Entrees in 30-40. 

Julia came out onto the stage at 6:10. 
We stayed for the whole set which ended @ 7:15. 

2 hours ago, josephine678 said:

Ahh the pier just opened up parking reservations for my cruise. NY Cruise says 12pm?? Just to confirm you can arrive earlier?

I think my reservation was for 8am…

I did see a few cars parked along the side of upper deck where the entrances to the lots are located. 
Not sure if the were waiting for their time slot 🧐

You can call the number on your reservation and ask. 
The guy I talked to was wicked nice. 

2 hours ago, maketime4cruisin said:

It seems like they limit it up to 2 weeks out. I kept trying to reserve for my cruise, and just a little under 2 weeks out i was able to book 

I just checked the nycruise parking site and reservations are available for every ship that is scheduled until the end of the year 👍

IMG_5877.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T BYRD said:

I just checked the nycruise parking site and reservations are available for every ship that is scheduled until the end of the year 👍

IMG_5877.jpeg

Interesting, must be a new thing. Been parking there for 12 years and never had an issue with getting a spot. 90% of the time I get a spot within a 100ft of the elevator 

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

Interesting, must be a new thing. Been parking there for 12 years and never had an issue with getting a spot. 90% of the time I get a spot within a 100ft of the elevator 

I will always make reservations if they are available…

It’s a looong walk from pier 90 to 88!

This is 88 hours before throwing lines out of NY. 

With bigger ships, comes more cars needing to park. 

IMG_5879.jpeg

2 hours ago, josephine678 said:

I just made my reservation for Sept 20.  Arrival time is 8 AM

• Like 1