What are the odds to book a Royal Tea experience for a first timer?

Rtowncruiser

We are booked on the Magic in October for a 4 day out of San Diego. We are seasoned cruisers but new to Disney. I see that they tier signups by your points from previous Disney cruises. We would love for our 6 yr old granddaughter to be able to attend the Royal Tea. Do they typically only offer it once a cruise? Is it hard to book if we are low man on the totem pole? Thanks!

I've only seen it listed once per cruise. There might be multiple Royal Gatherings (photos and meet/greet) but it's not guaranteed due to how short your cruise is. The 3/4 night cruises don't have multiple opportunities or all of the stuff due to not having the time that the 7 night cruises have. Also, expect the atmosphere to fee very rushed since people are trying to do everything. The 7night are very relaxed by comparison since activities are offered multiple times.

• Like 1

Not terrible.  Just make sure you check at midnight when it opens up for you.  If you don't get it just keep checking throughout the day before your cruise.  

We didn't sign up at midnight and then I was told that grandma wanted to take her grand child.  After a couple days we were able to snag a spot.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2023 at 6:56 PM, Selluks said:

Not terrible.  Just make sure you check at midnight when it opens up for you.  If you don't get it just keep checking throughout the day before your cruise.  

We didn't sign up at midnight and then I was told that grandma wanted to take her grand child.  After a couple days we were able to snag a spot.

Thanks. You give me hope. I'm pretty good at snagging camp spots. (Jeopardy trigger!) so where there's a will, there's a way!