Celebrity cruise Website, Total payment Error/Charge?

numnums

Hi all, I'm extremely stressed out after being on the phone for 3 hours on hold, only to be hung up to hear that offices have been closed.

Today at 6:30 pm, I went to book a Veranda using the captain clubs 5%&40% promotional i got  for this December ascent cruise.

It was going to be an extremely happy birthday and rewarding trip for me and my mother, who i wanted to surprise getting a decent room and get a spa pack for her later. And I triple confirm that the price is right on the website and the lady on the phone(the phone number on the celebrity website) that this is the final pricing. And since it's taking a while for the website to update and change my reservation, i get off the phone and wait for it to update. 

Thankfully I stayed long enough to check that the email is correct and i received it, any who, 30 minutes later my reservation price DRASTICALLY CHANGES FROM 2K to 4K. THEN SHOT UP TO 6K. It leaves me so stressed out, so i immediately try to get back on the phone but since it's close to night hours they have "1 hour" wait calls.

I just sent an email to the general celebrity site, but does anyone have any recent information or have this happened to them? I feel so awful because i was going to be so happy to surprise my mom with a good room and everything but... this is just absurd. It feels like I got scammed. I'm trying not to stress out about it since I'm going to call them tomorrow when they open again but... please, any good words?

image_2023-07-16_211337575.png

image_2023-07-16_211838601.png

8 minutes ago, numnums said:

Hi all, I'm extremely stressed out after being on the phone for 3 hours on hold, only to be hung up to hear that offices have been closed.

Today at 6:30 pm, I went to book a Veranda using the captain clubs 5%&40% promotional i got  for this December ascent cruise.

It was going to be an extremely happy birthday and rewarding trip for me and my mother, who i wanted to surprise getting a decent room and get a spa pack for her later. And I triple confirm that the price is right on the website and the lady on the phone(the phone number on the celebrity website) that this is the final pricing. And since it's taking a while for the website to update and change my reservation, i get off the phone and wait for it to update. 

Thankfully I stayed long enough to check that the email is correct and i received it, any who, 30 minutes later my reservation price DRASTICALLY CHANGES FROM 2K to 4K. THEN SHOT UP TO 6K. It leaves me so stressed out, so i immediately try to get back on the phone but since it's close to night hours they have "1 hour" wait calls.

I just sent an email to the general celebrity site, but does anyone have any recent information or have this happened to them? I feel so awful because i was going to be so happy to surprise my mom with a good room and everything but... this is just absurd. It feels like I got scammed. I'm trying not to stress out about it since I'm going to call them tomorrow when they open again but... please, any good words?

image_2023-07-16_211337575.png

image_2023-07-16_211838601.png

It looks like the $6,238.18 is the total cost of cruise, taxes and gratuities.  None of the credits are appearing.  Either it takes time for all the credits to appear or they did not input them.  I would call them tomorrow and get it straightened out.  You have the invoice that states you owe $2,256.18 so I believe you will be ok!  Good luck and report back!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jwlane said:

I'd not worry about it for now---you got the email with the correct price.  It's not unthinkable that the website hasn't updated with the discounts.

8 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

It looks like the $6,238.18 is the total cost of cruise, taxes and gratuities.  None of the credits are appearing.  Either it takes time for all the credits to appear or they did not input them.  I would call them tomorrow and get it straightened out.  You have the invoice that states you owe $2,256.18 so I believe you will be ok!  Good luck and report back!

Yes..I think I was just very excited to check it right away so i could look at all the packages and stuff and plan the trip right away😣 With that in mind I think it heightened the emotional stress and surprise to see that. I'm trying to calm down and not think about it since it's only been a couple hours, but at least I got the email to back it up! I just worry since it's non-refundable they wouldn't even think about changing it or anything(which would be incredibly bad and cruel business practice, and this is popular and mainstream brand so i shouldn't worry but i couldn't help it!) I also don't have that kind of dough to cough up! 

Thank you to you both, I feel so much better 🙂

Edited by numnums
  • Like 1

Take a deep breathe and relax.  The email shows a no perk fare with gratuities for 2 for a total $2756.18. 

The total you are seeing of $6K is the total ibefore the discounts of $3102, $200 and $180 have been applied 

The systems takes a couple of days the charges to be processed and then for discounts to be applied. When those discounts are taken your fare is $2756.18. No need to call unless it is still not correct by the end of the week.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 4

UPDATE

Thank you all for reassuring me! I won't lie, I just got off the phone because i am a huge worrywart/stresser. Thankfully the assistant said she made arrangements to update the website with the correct final payment. Somehow I lost my (free)100OBC though(from being on the phone for so long), but I don't even want to engage in conversation anymore, LOL.

💗 Love

Edited by numnums