Accessible Transportation From Ijmuiden to Amsterdam

When booking cruise they are notified I have the scooter, if flying in and being greeted by HAL staff it is in the list of names they have and they either have a bus to accommodate you or order a van.  Leaving ship to airport it is usual a hyw bus that will accommodate you. Either way you need the HAL transfers.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 10:24 AM, highscar said:

When booking cruise they are notified I have the scooter, if flying in and being greeted by HAL staff it is in the list of names they have and they either have a bus to accommodate you or order a van.  Leaving ship to airport it is usual a hyw bus that will accommodate you. Either way you need the HAL transfers.  

Could you please explain....what is a hyw bus?   Transport to the airport would be good for us also.  This port is 'out there'.  I've noticed that other cruise companies which are also docking at Ijmuiden have an option for bus service to the airport....and some to Amsterdam,

Hoping HAL does the same!.

I am on a May 2024 Transatlantic that arrives in Ijmuiden on 25 May 2024.  The post cruise travel planning section on HALs website says nothing available.  I need to get to the Rotterdam to meet my next cruise which leaves from Rotterdam same day......

I am hoping HAL posts a transfer.  I suggest you contact HAL main HQ in Seattle.

Looking at 2025, it seems HAL has far fewer ships departing from Amsterdam.  Rotterdam is the port of choice, or Dover.