Ravenna

Hi

You but a ticket from the ship for the bus into Town, not the greatest of stops to be honest. Last Oct they gave you just over 3 hours in the town, however this June this was cut back (I suspect due to people complaining) to approx. 2.5 hours. We just had a walk around the centre and a few drinks. Was glad to get back onboard.

Hi! Dronnygirl

We're also in Ravenna on a Sunday ( August) with Marella Explorer2

There are buses from the cruise port to the town center, near the railway station.

You can take the bus 90 ( stop Porto Corsini) to Ravenna FS if you want to visit the San Vitale basilica and the mausoleum with their mosaics.

As it is Sunday, there's only a bus every hour (8.39 9.39 ....).

You can find more information on the bus website : www.startromagna.com

We're looking forward to this cruise.

Edited by Gil3

• 2 months later...

Well our stop in Ravenna was a Sunday. We got up and the weather wasn't good, high winds and cloudy so we decided to stay on board. I must point out though, we had expected to be docked in an industrial port but this wasn't the case. The town was 30 mins away and we could see cranes etc in the distance but we were actually docked between 2 very long beaches. We couldn't access the one to the right as it looked as though it belonged to a camping site but you could walk through the port gates to a ferry that cost 1 euro and took you to a marina and then to a beach. There were sunbeds although they weren't in use due to the weather.  In the afternoon the sun came out and we sat on deck with a pleasant view over the marina. 

Although we didn't go ashore, we were surprised with the pleasant surroundings 

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2023 at 8:15 PM, w3ndi said:

Hi, I've just posted an update before I read your message.  I did show the emails to the team, they weren't interested.  No one seems to be.  I have an email address I'm going to try and put the whole sorry issue down on there.  In the update I said I do understant that things happen but it's the lack of empathy and the blatant dishonesty that has upset me more than anything. I will not use TUI again. 

19 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Well our stop in Ravenna was a Sunday. We got up and the weather wasn't good, high winds and cloudy so we decided to stay on board. I must point out though, we had expected to be docked in an industrial port but this wasn't the case. The town was 30 mins away and we could see cranes etc in the distance but we were actually docked between 2 very long beaches. We couldn't access the one to the right as it looked as though it belonged to a camping site but you could walk through the port gates to a ferry that cost 1 euro and took you to a marina and then to a beach. There were sunbeds although they weren't in use due to the weather.  In the afternoon the sun came out and we sat on deck with a pleasant view over the marina. 

Although we didn't go ashore, we were surprised with the pleasant surroundings 

Thanks - going there in a couple of weeks - did they have a shuttle bus into the town ?

31 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Thanks - going there in a couple of weeks - did they have a shuttle bus into the town ?

They had a ship bus that could be booked at £12 return. I think there is also a regular bus but only hourly so not too reliable.  If it had been a nice day, a walk on the beach would have been nice 

• Thanks 1