Twin or Double Beds?

WaltzAndTango

Hello everyone,

We have just booked our first cruise. We are on the Spirit of Adventure in 2024.

It seems the standard cabins can be either twin beds or pushed together to form a double. How is that set up? Is it random? Could we turn up to find that our cabin has twin beds and then must wait for everything to be changed? Do they ask? If not, what is the best way for us to state our preference? Do any experienced Saga cruisers have a view on this? Thanks.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WaltzAndTango said:

Hello everyone,

We have just booked our first cruise. We are on the Spirit of Adventure in 2024.

It seems the standard cabins can be either twin beds or pushed together to form a double. How is that set up? Is it random? Could we turn up to find that our cabin has twin beds and then must wait for everything to be changed? Do they ask? If not, what is the best way for us to state our preference? Do any experienced Saga cruisers have a view on this? Thanks.

Contact SAGA or your TA in advance and let them know what you want. Then it should all be sorted by the time you arrive in your cabin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WaltzAndTango said:

Hello everyone,

If you booked directly with Saga you should have been asked which bed configuration you prefer. As twotravellersLondon says though, you have plenty of time to sort it out.

If you don't mind me asking, which cruise have you booked?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WaltzAndTango said:

Thanks for the replies. We are on the Flavours of the Mediterranean cruise in March so there's plenty of time to let them know. I guess phoning them is best way?

Yes, I would have thought so They are usually very helpful over the phone.

• Like 1

the two beds pushed together as a double works well and is comfortable.  I had specified this when I booked by phone with Saga.  I had also specified two single duvets. the cabin steward was mystified, so he waited for us to board to check what we wanted.  He s obviously not familiar with couples where one feels the cold and the other doesn't.! 

the only slight downside of the S of A  standard cabins is that the access to the wardrobes is alongside the bed and its a bit cramped. Everything else about the cabins is just right, we loved it. 

Make sure you check the list of what Saga provide free in the cabins (binoculars, swim towels etc etc) to save you taking things you wont need. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, WaltzAndTango said:

Thank you. The mattress topper sounds like something we will ask for, and the list of what is provided free in the cabins sounds interesting. Where do I find this list?

Soap, hand wash, hand gel (sanitiser), shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion. 
Water in glass jars, tea & coffee, milk in the fridge.

Dressing gowns and slippers.

Binoculars, umbrella, shoe horn, hair dryer. (Use of)

Pen, paper, envelopes. Room service menus, breakfast menu order form.
Brochures to tempt you.

All I can think of for now. 

Edited by Scorpio41
Spelling
  • Like 4

On 7/20/2023 at 2:26 AM, JoJo1947 said:

Not always the bed configuration reaches the stewards. If it's not what you want you can ask your steward to change it. You can also ask for extra pillows,mattress toppers,shower stools. 

And you can ask your steward for a top sheet (between your body and the duvet). When Patrick came to introduce himself to me, I asked that he make the bed with a top sheet and told him I can't eat oranges. He always made up my bed as requested and, noticing that I was eating a lot of the grapes, kept me well supplied. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2023 at 9:00 PM, sleepingcat said:

the two beds pushed together as a double works well and is comfortable.  I had specified this when I booked by phone with Saga.  I had also specified two single duvets. the cabin steward was mystified, so he waited for us to board to check what we wanted.  He s obviously not familiar with couples where one feels the cold and the other doesn't.! 

the only slight downside of the S of A  standard cabins is that the access to the wardrobes is alongside the bed and its a bit cramped. Everything else about the cabins is just right, we loved it. 

Make sure you check the list of what Saga provide free in the cabins (binoculars, swim towels etc etc) to save you taking things you wont need. 

Separate duvets are so sensible

On 7/18/2023 at 8:37 PM, twotravellersLondon said:

Contact SAGA or your TA in advance and let them know what you want. Then it should all be sorted by the time you arrive in your cabin.

Except it doesn't always get to the steward . They will change it