Cancel pre-purchased drink package?

NewSalty

I've searched this forum, and haven't seen an answer to this one:

So we have an upcoming cruise where it will behoove us to switch to Simply More.  (yes, it's on the Summer Sale list...)  The problem is that I pre-purchased the House Select package a while back, and won't need it under Simply More. The online shopping page states that the package is non-refundable, but I cannot believe that that applies if one is (in essence) - cancelling the cruise to which the package applies.

Has anybody had experience with this before?

Is the House select part of the O Life  perk or did you buy it outright?

Are you cancelling the cruise or just getting repriced  for the  "Summer Sale " deal ?

21 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Is the House select part of the O Life  perk or did you buy it outright?

Are you cancelling the cruise or just getting repriced  for the  "Summer Sale " deal ?

Bought the package separate from OLife.  We're actually "cancelling" the original cruise - it was a Grand Voyage (or whatever term they use...) of 2 segments.  The 2 segments were on the summer sale, the combination wasn't!

10 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Call Oceania.

I plan to, but wanted to see if others had done this before I call O.  The chances of getting the wrong answer from one of the customer folks are not insignificant...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NewSalty said:

Bought the package separate from OLife.  We're actually "cancelling" the original cruise - it was a Grand Voyage (or whatever term they use...) of 2 segments.  The 2 segments were on the summer sale, the combination wasn't!

I would think  if you are cancelling  well before penalties kick in you should get the  amount back you paid for the Bev Package  as well as the deposit

JMO

17 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I would think  if you are cancelling  well before penalties kick in you should get the  amount back you paid for the Bev Package  as well as the deposit

JMO

As do I, I'm just hoping somebody has had the experience, so that I can use that if Big O doesn't want to play ball...

Your Guest Ticket Contract pdf may be useful to you. See number 8; I copied the first paragraph here with the relevant words in bold:

"8. CANCELLATION POLICY
You are not entitled to any refund, payment, compensation of any kind or credit for cancellation except as provided in this section or as otherwise provided by law. Cancellation penalties will apply when the entire Cruise booking is cancelled and applies to all travel, products and/or services purchased, including Cruise, airfare and land arrangements. Cancellation charges are imposed regardless of resale of the Cruise, hotel or air components. We highly recommend that Guests purchase vacation protection insurance."

If you are before the penalty phase, you should get a 100% refund.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NewSalty said:

As do I, I'm just hoping somebody has had the experience, so that I can use that if Big O doesn't want to play ball...

I am not sure  why you think it will be  a problem unless you are in the penalty  time frame?

When is your cruise ?

Not penalty - August 2024.  But the "non-refundable" statement on the shopping page is "un-adorned" (i.e., not in legalese) - and doesn't offer any outs.  I can easily see an inexperienced somebody reading it as an absolute, and saying "nyet".

I think the legalese AMHunt posted above seems to cover it, but I doubt the customer folks are up to speed on that application of the clause...

Update for future reference... Oceania did indeed cancel the pre-paid drink package, but credited as additional deposit on the 2 sale cruises. Not a problem as we have no intentions of cancelling, but a refund would have been preferable. Not complaining though, saved $4.5K all told!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NewSalty said:

Update for future reference... Oceania did indeed cancel the pre-paid drink package, but credited as additional deposit on the 2 sale cruises. Not a problem as we have no intentions of cancelling, but a refund would have been preferable. Not complaining though, saved $4.5K all told!

Maybe they would have given a refund if you had no cruises booked ??

Are you past final payment for your booked cruises?