Blue Flag Taxi - Recent experience

4Nathan

Looking for a Blue flag taxi tour this October.  For those that have recently taken one of these tours, how difficult was it to find a blue flag taxi once off the ship? Is it better to try and pre-book one?  Searched through old threads but unable to get this information. What company did you use. Thank you!

The tour guides will be standing on the pier with their signs as you exit the ship area. We used Lewis Foggo.  Make a list of what you’d like to see and get a quote so you’ll be sure to see these places in the allotted time.

We were there Saturday and Sunday in June. There are cabs lined up on the pier. There are people to direct you to the correct line. We stopped to speak to a gentleman outside the cabs on Saturday night to check if any drivers would be there on Sunday. He said some drive on Sunday. We were two people. We walked to the pier. A man explained the prices were fixed and that it was best to have four people to share the cost. We waited a few minutes and he found two single people who agreed to tour with us. He then talked to drivers and directed us to one who would give us the island tour. It worked great.

• Like 1

Does anybody know, if it is possible, to book a tour a Blue Flag Taxi Tour ahead of when you arrive in port.  I've looked everywhere and can not find a website.  Thanks!

I have been searching for exactly the same thing!  I did contact Lewis Foggo but he was booked as was Millard, another guide whose name has popped up on reviews.  We want a private tour - not interested in sharing the cost with strangers who might not be interested in the same places we are.  If any one has contact information for guides they have used , it would be greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, Hult5 said:

Does anybody know, if it is possible, to book a tour a Blue Flag Taxi Tour ahead of when you arrive in port.  I've looked everywhere and can not find a website.  Thanks!

You need to contact an individual driver to book ahead. I had a list but it became outdated post covid. 

4 minutes ago, 4Nathan said:

I have been searching for exactly the same thing!  I did contact Lewis Foggo but he was booked as was Millard, another guide whose name has popped up on reviews.  We want a private tour - not interested in sharing the cost with strangers who might not be interested in the same places we are.  If any one has contact information for guides they have used , it would be greatly appreciated!

Not a taxi driver but a private tour guide is Heidi Cowan of Byways Travel. 

https://www.bermudabyways.com

Thank you Charles!  I just read some of Heidi’s reviews.  She sounds great - off the beaten path, knows schedules of large tours and how to avoid them, caps her tours at ten - I have just booked a tour with her!  

• Like 1