Issue with Shared Shuttle in Rome

sherims

We just returned from a 10 day cruise on the NCL Breakaway. We used Shared Shuttle to go from FCO to our hotel and also from our hotel to the cruise port. Our flight home was canceled, so we had to stay 2 more days in Rome. I emailed Shared Shuttle and asked if they could take us to a hotel instead of the airport when we disembark.  I also asked if they could take us to the airport from the hotel 2 days later. They agreed and gave me pricing (almost 100 euros more than our original quotes!). I replied and requested to pay our original quotes.

They replied "don't worry you have same prices." Our pick-up from the cruise port was great, but 2 days later, no one showed up to take us to the airport. I called and they said there was no reservation made.  I sent the email to show the reservation, but they said there were no drivers available. We took a taxi instead. What a stressful situation!

6 hours ago, sherims said:

We just returned from a 10 day cruise on the NCL Breakaway. We used Shared Shuttle to go from FCO to our hotel and also from our hotel to the cruise port. Our flight home was canceled, so we had to stay 2 more days in Rome. I emailed Shared Shuttle and asked if they could take us to a hotel instead of the airport when we disembark.  I also asked if they could take us to the airport from the hotel 2 days later. They agreed and gave me pricing (almost 100 euros more than our original quotes!). I replied and requested to pay our original quotes.

They replied "don't worry you have same prices." Our pick-up from the cruise port was great, but 2 days later, no one showed up to take us to the airport. I called and they said there was no reservation made.  I sent the email to show the reservation, but they said there were no drivers available. We took a taxi instead. What a stressful situation!

If your original plan was to be collected at the ship at end of cruise and taken to the airport, which you changed to Cruise port to hotel and then hotel to airport I would expect it to cost more.  

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

If your original plan was to be collected at the ship at end of cruise and taken to the airport, which you changed to Cruise port to hotel and then hotel to airport I would expect it to cost more.  

The cost for each ride was increased from our original quotes.

140 ---> 200 euros from port to hotel

65 ---> 95 euros from hotel to airport 

8 minutes ago, sherims said:

How many in your party? The price increases seem extreme especially if you have an email showing the original prices.

We have booked Shared Shuttle from Hotel to Port, then Port to Airport. Despite the problems you had at the end of your cruise, were you pleased with them with regards to being on time and the cleanliness of the vans?

2 hours ago, sherims said:

This is more than they seem to charge when I look at the website. How many in your party? 

However you didn't have an 'original quote' as you changed the routing (if I follow your post correctly).  You had booked a transfer to FCO on disembarkation day and you changed it to Cruise Port to Hotel on disembarkation day and the Hotel to  FCO on Disembark day +2.

Also, they state that no prepayment is required so could you not just cancel the transfer to FCO and rebook the transfers that you required?

Maybe you made the change at late notice and prices go higher, I really don't know.  However, not showing up for the Hotel to FCO transfer is inexcusable.

We use Stefano's Rome Cabs for all transfers.  We tried a shuttle once and they left us waiting at the hotel for over an hour.  Each time I called the agent said "five minutes".  Lesson learned.